LEDs Advice for the 159 - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 22Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Status: -
AO Member
 
Mark_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Hampshire
Posts: 93
Originally used in the boot side lights, and the front interior centre light.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Car-Inte...item2a0ea7262a

will remove those, and replace with these! As they are Canbus friendly!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Used for the smaller 4x interior downlighters, 1x glove box (sad I know), 2x puddle lights!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-T10-W5W-...item3cba880403

Hope that helps!!!
Mark_S is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
(Post Link) post #27 of 821 Old 04-08-11 Thread Starter
Status: Powerflex Mk4 - Non Squeak Edition
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
JabawokJayUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cambridgeshire
Posts: 3,381
Images: 31
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
Used for the smaller 4x interior downlighters, 1x glove box (sad I know), 2x puddle lights!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-T10-W5W-...item3cba880403

Hope that helps!!!
Those are the ones I use in the side lights up front. I thought they may be too bright for the interior, but you reckon they are ok? Can you post some night pics? - Also, DOH! Glove box!!!! missed that one! gonna have to order another one now.
JabawokJayUK is offline  
(Post Link) post #28 of 821 Old 06-08-11 Thread Starter
Status: Powerflex Mk4 - Non Squeak Edition
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
JabawokJayUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cambridgeshire
Posts: 3,381
Images: 31
Garage
More LED Options for the Rear:

1 Set of 1157 581 BAU15s AMBER CANBUS LED INDICATOR BULBS TURN for the Indicators
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1157-581-B...item45fb3a09b5
@ 19.99 a pair

2 sets of 1157 380 BA15D CANBUS RED LED STOP & TAIL LIGHT BULBS for the Tail/Stop Lights
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1157-380-B...item519a00653c
@ 19.99 a pair

1 set of 1156 382 XENON WHITE CANBUS 27 LED BULBS AUDI A6 TT for the Fog & Reverse Lights
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1156-382-X...item3a68adc121
@19.99

Total investment @ around 80

Watch this space.... I may start with the indicators as these seem to be the hardest to sort out.


2008 159 TI 2.4 JTDM QTRONIC
My Car Details______http://www.jabawoki.com/2014/07/07/alfa-159-ti/
Project Halo Wiki____https://projects.jabawoki.com/index.php/Project_Halo_UK
Project Halo Page____https://www.facebook.com/ProjectHaloUK
JabawokJayUK is offline  
Status: Loving my red Brembos!
AO Member
 
perksy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Staffordshire
Posts: 841

Member car:

159 1.9Ti-alike

I'll watch this tread closely. I've been down this route before on previous cars. LED lights always seemed ok for the sidelights and number plate illumination, but the led replacement "bulbs" I bought for the tail/stop and indicators always seemed to lack the brightness of the originals - so I put the originals back in for safety.

More recently (for the 159) I bought a set of LED replacement "bulbs" for the centre stoplight. I bought the brightest ones I could find but they weren't a patch on the brightness of the original bulbs - again I reverted back to original. I think it was these I bought.

I see the replacement units you have bought are equipped with the new generation SMD leds so they're likely to be much brighter than the ones I got a couple of years back. I'd be very interested to see some side by side shots of the brightness of the led lamps vs the originals if you have time please...

James

perksy is offline  
(Post Link) post #30 of 821 Old 07-08-11 Thread Starter
Status: Powerflex Mk4 - Non Squeak Edition
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
JabawokJayUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cambridgeshire
Posts: 3,381
Images: 31
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by perksy View Post
I'll watch this tread closely. I've been down this route before on previous cars. LED lights always seemed ok for the sidelights and number plate illumination, but the led replacement "bulbs" I bought for the tail/stop and indicators always seemed to lack the brightness of the originals - so I put the originals back in for safety.

More recently (for the 159) I bought a set of LED replacement "bulbs" for the centre stoplight. I bought the brightest ones I could find but they weren't a patch on the brightness of the original bulbs - again I reverted back to original. I think it was these I bought.

I see the replacement units you have bought are equipped with the new generation SMD leds so they're likely to be much brighter than the ones I got a couple of years back. I'd be very interested to see some side by side shots of the brightness of the led lamps vs the originals if you have time please...

James
Hi James, I have 1 set of the Tail/Rear Lights on order for the exact same concern. I plan on installing on one side of the car in a couple of days then going to do some testing and see what the luminosity is. I am cautious in general about this part of the LED upgrade as if they are too bright it will cause night-time glare for other drivers that could result in an accident, and equally if they are too dim, not inform other drivers I am there or stopping.

So if they are not within tolerable difference to the existing lights I will let you know. I will of course, post some pics up of the test so you can draw your own conclusions.

Watch this space!
JabawokJayUK is offline  
Status: Leg fixed - back in the drivers seat!
AO Member
 
Maximus84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: Lincolnshire
Posts: 973

Member car:

GQV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabawokJayUK View Post
Hi James, I have 1 set of the Tail/Rear Lights on order for the exact same concern. I plan on installing on one side of the car in a couple of days then going to do some testing and see what the luminosity is. I am cautious in general about this part of the LED upgrade as if they are too bright it will cause night-time glare for other drivers that could result in an accident, and equally if they are too dim, not inform other drivers I am there or stopping.

So if they are not within tolerable difference to the existing lights I will let you know. I will of course, post some pics up of the test so you can draw your own conclusions.

Watch this space!
Excellent. Although I don't think I'll try to convert every bulb to LED
(though I admire your commitment!), I have some sidelights on order, and would like to upgrade the dipped beam and brake/tail. So I wait in eager anticipation of your results!
Maximus84 is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Antrim
Posts: 32

Member car:

159 1.9JTDm Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabawokJayUK View Post
I am going to split this into 3 parts

Part 1:
I Have installed the 8 SMD LED can-bus w5w's off eBay in the side lights on my 159 and 4 SMD LED can-bus one's in the number plate light. They look great and match the HIDS's I run perfectly. I am, however, interested if anyone has any suggestions for the H7 main beams to match? I have seen some 128 SMD LED can-bus ones on eBay but not sure if they are going to put out enough light. It's the 2.4 diesel so there is not much room behind the headlights to make the change, so want to be 100% sure before I even attempt the job as doing it twice will not be fun!!!!

Part 2:
I would also like to upgrade the indicator, and rear driving & brake lights to LEDs. Has anyone tried this, if so, what did you use and what was your experience? I have read differing views on this, so open to suggestions that are of course "constructive"!

Part 3:
I am also very keen to change all the interior and puddle lights to LED. The question is, how do you get into the units on the roof?? I have had a look and cant for the life of me figure out how to open them to get to the bulbs!! Puddle are easy, w5w's accessed with a screwdriver for leverage, but before i tear a hole in my roof lining I would appreciate some advice from someone who actually knows how to open the units (front and rear pods).

Clearly, you can see I am obsessed with LEDs. I know, its strange, but I think they look good for two reasons, 1) the illuminate instantly, without the milliseconds of delay a filament has and 2) they have a much richer/deeper colour, both of which points make them an attractive, and potentially easy upgrade for my car. - I would therefore rather not turn this into a debate on taste and rather refer to prior experience or advice on any of the 3 points above
I see you have HID driving lights. May I ask where you got these?? It's H7 for the 159 dipped isn't it??
Alfa Rookie is offline  
(Post Link) post #33 of 821 Old 07-08-11 Thread Starter
Status: Powerflex Mk4 - Non Squeak Edition
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
JabawokJayUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cambridgeshire
Posts: 3,381
Images: 31
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Rookie View Post
I see you have HID driving lights. May I ask where you got these?? It's H7 for the 159 dipped isn't it??
Yes, the dipped beam are H7's. I had them installed at the garage I bought the car from (Veloces of London) so not sure where they sourced them from, but any modern H7 Can Bus Friendly set should be just fine. I have installed HIDs in other cars and found eBay the only place you ever need to go to find what you need.

Only advice I would give on HIDs is:

1) Get 4300K or 4500K as higher rated colours are too blue / purple and attract the rozzers.
2) Get 35w not the new 55w ones as they are way too bright and again, attract the wrong attention.

For me, the idea is to make the HIDs look as factory fitted as possible as technically they are illegal for road use unless fitted by the factory, along with a headlight levelling system, headlight washers, & projector lenses. As the 159 has projectors, you get away with it, as this keeps the beam alignment good and out of oncoming traffic, and at first glance you don't notice the lack of washer jets etc.

I have had a previous car MOT'd with after market HIDs on and it passed, but worst case scenario, you would have to disconnect them and put standard bulbs back in for the MOT.

The legislation on HIDs in the UK is here FYI:
Aftermarket HID (Xenon) headlamps

Although some of their reasoning is sound enough, as long as your not chaving it up with 6500K 55w units bolted onto your corsa's standard headlights, your not going to blind oncoming traffic.
JabawokJayUK is offline  
(Post Link) post #34 of 821 Old 07-08-11 Thread Starter
Status: Powerflex Mk4 - Non Squeak Edition
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
JabawokJayUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cambridgeshire
Posts: 3,381
Images: 31
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by perksy View Post
More recently (for the 159) I bought a set of LED replacement "bulbs" for the centre stoplight. I bought the brightest ones I could find but they weren't a patch on the brightness of the original bulbs - again I reverted back to original. I think it was these I bought.
James, quick Q. Did you get any warning messages when you switched to those LEDS? I have found these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-Red-19...item4aaccd4d3c Which may be good options for the high level brake light but as they are not Can Bus ones, I wanted to know what your experience was with none can bus ones first.
JabawokJayUK is offline  
Status: Loving my red Brembos!
AO Member
 
perksy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Staffordshire
Posts: 841

Member car:

159 1.9Ti-alike

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabawokJayUK View Post
James, quick Q. Did you get any warning messages when you switched to those LEDS? I have found these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-Red-19...item4aaccd4d3c Which may be good options for the high level brake light but as they are not Can Bus ones, I wanted to know what your experience was with none can bus ones first.
The light unit never made it back onto my car - I bench tested it. So I don't know if it would give an error on the car computer - sorry.

James
perksy is offline  
(Post Link) post #36 of 821 Old 09-08-11 Thread Starter
Status: Powerflex Mk4 - Non Squeak Edition
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
JabawokJayUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cambridgeshire
Posts: 3,381
Images: 31
Garage
Re Part 2:

The stop/tail SMD LEDS arrived today and I put them in to see. While there is a change in luminosity between tail & break it is by no way enough IMO to be safe. (see pic - LEDs on the left, normal bulbs on the right) - On the left of the car you can see no discernible difference between the tail light and the break light, while on the right, you can see the break light is significantly brighter than the tail. This difference would be important for safety and making sure that I don't end up wearing another motor up my chuff!

I have therefore used them in the centre rear tail positions where they do not act as brake lights, and they add a redder tint to the car, but nothing to write home about, so not recommended as a viable upgrade path yet. I will add a picture later tonight for full effect!

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

Last edited by JabawokJayUK; 16-11-11 at 00:14.
JabawokJayUK is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Mark_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Hampshire
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by JabawokJayUK View Post
Those are the ones I use in the side lights up front. I thought they may be too bright for the interior, but you reckon they are ok? Can you post some night pics? - Also, DOH! Glove box!!!! missed that one! gonna have to order another one now.
I'm back after short break, I think they are just about perfect! I have recieved some more canbus friendly (capsule) bulbs for the front middle interior light to see if these are bright enough and whether they do actually go fully out unlike the non canbus jobbies I currently have.

As before, if you are replacing any interior bulb with an LED etc make sure its a Canbus/ error free item or you will get some weird effects otherwise!

I will endeavor to get some pics up of my LED'd 159 for you perverts!
Mark_S is offline  
Status: Loving my red Brembos!
AO Member
 
perksy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Staffordshire
Posts: 841

Member car:

159 1.9Ti-alike

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabawokJayUK View Post
Re Part 2:

The stop/tail SMD LEDS arrived today and I put them in to see. While there is a change in luminosity between tail & break it is by no way enough IMO to be safe. (see pic - LEDs on the left, normal bulbs on the right) - On the left of the car you can see no discernible difference between the tail light and the break light, while on the right, you can see the break light is significantly brighter than the tail. This difference would be important for safety and making sure that I don't end up wearing another motor up my chuff!

I have therefore used them in the centre rear tail positions where they do not act as brake lights, and they add a redder tint to the car, but nothing to write home about, so not recommended as a viable upgrade path yet. I will add a picture later tonight for full effect!
Good investigation work. Many thanks for all your advice. I'm watching this thread closely.
James
perksy is offline  
(Post Link) post #39 of 821 Old 10-08-11 Thread Starter
Status: Powerflex Mk4 - Non Squeak Edition
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
JabawokJayUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cambridgeshire
Posts: 3,381
Images: 31
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by perksy View Post
The light unit never made it back onto my car - I bench tested it. So I don't know if it would give an error on the car computer - sorry.

James
Is the unit easy to remove? I had a wacky idea last night to use a 555 chip to control each LED in the brake light individually, giving me the ability to have it do a "Cylon" or "Nightrider" style light chase from left to right Relatively easy to do and build for a couple of quid and something a bit different!!!

A slightly less obvious effect would be to have the unit "pulse" slowly through a luminosity cycle, i.e. when you press the brake it comes on at full power, but if your foot remains on the break for > 1 second, it starts a slow fade loop to 75% and then back to 100%, giving the effect of a pulsing light. I think that would look quite good without sacrificing safety.

Anyway, I digress........ just the musings of a madman!
JabawokJayUK is offline  
Status: selling the 159...
Awaiting Email Conf
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Dorset
Posts: 178
Images: 22
Alfa Rookie - I have a set of H7 HID bulbs that you can have if you want them - does the kit you already have include the CANBUS module? If it doesn't you'll get an error message.

JabawokJayUK - I've also converted my sidelights/puddle lights & number plate lights to LED, I looked into tail/stop lights and recently bought some from HIDS4U for another car of mine. TBH they're cr#p; nowhere near as bright at night time and nearly invisible during daylight.

I also wouldn't bother trying to find an LED replacement for your headlights, non of the bulbs you'll find will provide anywhere near enough light. On cars which have them fitted from the factory, Audi R8 for instance, the LEDs are of a far superior brightness & number. Also the cooling required for these LEDs would require a completely redesigned headlight unit.
bungers is offline  
Status: selling the 159...
Awaiting Email Conf
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Dorset
Posts: 178
Images: 22
You must have different spec cars over there, I don't have any puddle lights in the rear doors?
bungers is offline  
Status: Bavarian
Admin Team
 
bobda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
County: -
Posts: 15,247
Images: 13

Member car:

Not a GT

It was a spammer - don't worry about it. Gone now.
bobda is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Antrim
Posts: 32

Member car:

159 1.9JTDm Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungers View Post
Alfa Rookie - I have a set of H7 HID bulbs that you can have if you want them - does the kit you already have include the CANBUS module? If it doesn't you'll get an error message.

JabawokJayUK - I've also converted my sidelights/puddle lights & number plate lights to LED, I looked into tail/stop lights and recently bought some from HIDS4U for another car of mine. TBH they're cr#p; nowhere near as bright at night time and nearly invisible during daylight.

I also wouldn't bother trying to find an LED replacement for your headlights, non of the bulbs you'll find will provide anywhere near enough light. On cars which have them fitted from the factory, Audi R8 for instance, the LEDs are of a far superior brightness & number. Also the cooling required for these LEDs would require a completely redesigned headlight unit.
Sent you a message regarding hid kit,

Many thanks
Alfa Rookie is offline  
(Post Link) post #44 of 821 Old 12-08-11 Thread Starter
Status: Powerflex Mk4 - Non Squeak Edition
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
JabawokJayUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cambridgeshire
Posts: 3,381
Images: 31
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bungers View Post
JabawokJayUK - I've also converted my sidelights/puddle lights & number plate lights to LED, I looked into tail/stop lights and recently bought some from HIDS4U for another car of mine. TBH they're cr#p; nowhere near as bright at night time and nearly invisible during daylight.

I also wouldn't bother trying to find an LED replacement for your headlights, non of the bulbs you'll find will provide anywhere near enough light. On cars which have them fitted from the factory, Audi R8 for instance, the LEDs are of a far superior brightness & number. Also the cooling required for these LEDs would require a completely redesigned headlight unit.
Agree with you on both points. I have a set of the tail LEDs in my non Stop rear lights and am going to use some 100w H1's that colour match the HIDs for main beam. Until I find some better options for the stop/tail lights, I'll stick with the LED interior replacements only.
JabawokJayUK is offline  
Status: Loving my red Brembos!
AO Member
 
perksy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Staffordshire
Posts: 841

Member car:

159 1.9Ti-alike

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabawokJayUK View Post
Is the unit easy to remove? I had a wacky idea last night to use a 555 chip to control each LED in the brake light individually, giving me the ability to have it do a "Cylon" or "Nightrider" style light chase from left to right Relatively easy to do and build for a couple of quid and something a bit different!!!

A slightly less obvious effect would be to have the unit "pulse" slowly through a luminosity cycle, i.e. when you press the brake it comes on at full power, but if your foot remains on the break for > 1 second, it starts a slow fade loop to 75% and then back to 100%, giving the effect of a pulsing light. I think that would look quite good without sacrificing safety.

Anyway, I digress........ just the musings of a madman!
Ah, the famous 555 chip - I have spend many days on electronic projects using those.

Yes the centre brake unit was easy enough to remove - just a couple of bolts underneath that were accessible from the boot.

James
perksy is offline  
Status: a good shot of nitrous will sort that!
AO Silver Member
 
jbsmith1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Essex
Posts: 1,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by JabawokJayUK View Post
Agree with you on both points. I have a set of the tail LEDs in my non Stop rear lights and am going to use some 100w H1's that colour match the HIDs for main beam. Until I find some better options for the stop/tail lights, I'll stick with the LED interior replacements only.
very interesting thread
I remember a thread from CuriousOrange some time ago, he tried some led rear stop/tail lights and found the stop lighting was too dim, I spotted some leds called SpiderLights, not sure if anyone tried them.
30 SMD LED 1156/1157 Spider Light Bulb Specifications
MossMini.com - Parts & Accessories for Your BMW Mini Cooper looks quite bight on the mini, they don't say they are can-bus, but I'm sure we can find a way with ohm's law.

being a bit of an electronics nerd myself the night rider effect indicators can be done with a 555 and 4017 and transistors to drive the load, but its even easier with a picaxe-08m, an o/p driver and some simple software.
5-arm Spiderlite style LED bulbs - YouTube
jbsmith1 is offline  
(Post Link) post #47 of 821 Old 13-08-11 Thread Starter
Status: Powerflex Mk4 - Non Squeak Edition
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
JabawokJayUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cambridgeshire
Posts: 3,381
Images: 31
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsmith1 View Post
being a bit of an electronics nerd myself the night rider effect indicators can be done with a 555 and 4017 and transistors to drive the load, but its even easier with a picaxe-08m, an o/p driver and some simple software.
5-arm Spiderlite style LED bulbs - YouTube
Good call on the approach, however, as I want to have a dip switch select from 4 modes 1) Normal, 2) Cylon, 3) F1 Flash & 4) Pulse and not need a massive amount of additional components I plan on using an ATMega (Arduino) and coding up a more complicated set of programmatic logic options leaving the electronics side to just drive the LEDs.

I am trying to find a 159 brake light for sale somewhere so I can leave mine alone in the car for now!

I will set-up a new thread for it when I find one and document the insanity.
JabawokJayUK is offline  
(Post Link) post #48 of 821 Old 13-08-11 Thread Starter
Status: Powerflex Mk4 - Non Squeak Edition
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
JabawokJayUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cambridgeshire
Posts: 3,381
Images: 31
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsmith1 View Post
very interesting thread
I remember a thread from CuriousOrange some time ago, he tried some led rear stop/tail lights and found the stop lighting was too dim, I spotted some leds called SpiderLights, not sure if anyone tried them.
30 SMD LED 1156/1157 Spider Light Bulb Specifications
MossMini.com - Parts & Accessories for Your BMW Mini Cooper looks quite bight on the mini, they don't say they are can-bus, but I'm sure we can find a way with ohm's law.5-arm Spiderlite style LED bulbs - YouTube
I had seen these also, but no idea on the CANBUS issue either. I agree on the Ohms law point, but what I am trying to achieve with this thread is a like for like, DIY swap for all the light units in the car that anyone can perform, without the need to alter the core cables in the car.

I find it difficult to understand, why, given LEDs have been around for so long, and that they are being used more and more in cars now, that its not as easy as popping down to Halfords and picking up a set of LED replacement bulbs that actually work well

Hopefully, through this thread we can identify what does and doest work well and then pull all that knowledge together into a guide on what bulbs you would need, where to get them and how much they are going to cost you, so that if you wanted to go LED in your 159/Brera, you can do so easily.
JabawokJayUK is offline  
Status: a good shot of nitrous will sort that!
AO Silver Member
 
jbsmith1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Essex
Posts: 1,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by JabawokJayUK View Post
Good call on the approach, however, as I want to have a dip switch select from 4 modes 1) Normal, 2) Cylon, 3) F1 Flash & 4) Pulse and not need a massive amount of additional components I plan on using an ATMega (Arduino) and coding up a more complicated set of programmatic logic options leaving the electronics side to just drive the LEDs.

I am trying to find a 159 brake light for sale somewhere so I can leave mine alone in the car for now!

I will set-up a new thread for it when I find one and document the insanity.
flipping eck! i thought I was keen with my engine modding yes I have seen rear lights on fleabay from time to time, thats quite a project mate, sounds like you'l hypnotise the drivers behind you lol, looking forward to reading all about it.
jbsmith1 is offline  
(Post Link) post #50 of 821 Old 13-08-11 Thread Starter
Status: Powerflex Mk4 - Non Squeak Edition
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
JabawokJayUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cambridgeshire
Posts: 3,381
Images: 31
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsmith1 View Post
flipping eck! i thought I was keen with my engine modding yes I have seen rear lights on fleabay from time to time, thats quite a project mate, sounds like you'l hypnotise the drivers behind you lol, looking forward to reading all about it.
hahah, yeah, I don't do things by half mate, the engine is next on my list, just starting off "light" as only had the car for a couple of weeks I have the 159 booked in with AHM for a Remap + DPF + EGR removal on the 23rd, but as she's a QTRONIC, I cant get the Torque too high without seriously upsetting her, so will be looking at the 240Bhp marker with a smoother torque delivery curve instead

Much respect for your own engine work btw, that's some impressive tuning! I may be in touch for some advice given we have the same lumps of iron under the bonnet!
JabawokJayUK is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 , advice , canbus , led , leds

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome