Hello All, This fell onto my left foot this morning as I drove off. Even for an Alfa 159 that's rare!
Does anyone know what it is, what it does and most importantly how do I put it back where it should be? Presumably somewhere left of the steering column assuming it fell straight down.
Bizarrely everything still seems to work???
I had to laugh when reading about this blue lever just falling out !
The official manual text says :-
1. Disconnect the electrical connection.
2. When present, release the idler lever from the motor (ball fitting).
3. Undo the bolts.
4. Remove the motor by releasing the splined connection shaft.
My mind has become so conditioned by Alfa stereotyical problems that it automatically translated the text into this :-
1. If there's any wires still attached, you might as well remove them
2. If theres a lever thing present then prise if off whatever its connected to
3. Check for bolts holding various parts together, remove if still present
4. If a motor type item hasnt fallen out yet, then release it from everything it might still be connected to.
Also, it reminds me of another 'Alfa Moment' when an entire drive shaft pulley just fell out of this owners engine bay, and clunked onto his drive one morning. Not entirely sure how this could happen. But all these tales of bits actually dropping off doesn’t help AR's image ...