Diesel smelling more dieselly on startup and occasionaly turbo engine issue - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 25-07-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Leicestershire
Diesel smelling more dieselly on startup and occasionaly turbo engine issue

Hello everyone

Before i possibly book my car in for some more time at the garage. As you know, my car had a failed egr which was replaced by the lease company but too much damage had been done, and so the car had it's head decoked, new inlet manifold and new egr.

Since then i've had the occasional 'misfire' from the car, and the turbo is performing well 'strangely'

Light throttle, the boost needle drops to zero. Then a bit more throttle, and it's either fine..or it struggles to create boost until you give it a bootful.

The other thing i've noticed is it smells a bit more diesely than normal..although that was the last couple of days and it's done a regen now on the way into Leicester, so will report back on that.

So any thoughts? My immediate thoughts are either that the variable vane turbo is mucking up...or does anyone know if we have a recirc valve? Mainly because it feels either like low boost is leaking out, or i'm getting compressor stall.

Cheers in advance

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

diesel , dieselly , engine , issue , occasionaly , smelling , startup , turbo