Buying 159 1.9 JTDm, some concerns, please help!!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 21-07-11 Thread Starter
County: Durham

Member car:

Help Buying 159 1.9 JTDm, some concerns, please help!!!

Looking at a 2009 159 1.9 JTDm Lusso with £30k on the clock.

Test drove it and it just feels so different to my 147 1.6 TS Lusso, although its a more powerful car it just doesn't feel as fast. Not sure what to expect from the 159 and whether its just because I am in a different car. Can anyone tell me about what I should be expecting????

Also, when I look under the bonnet the screws for attaching the wings have been unscrewed, worn in centre and paint chipped off. Could this be due to some valve timing work its had done or does it indicate crash damage and repair? Will checks you can pay for on internet just say whether written off or will they include crashes?

Any opinions on remap versus remap with EGR / DPF removal, also waht I can expect to pay??

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: North Lanarkshire

Member car:

159 Ti

Well the 159 is a much heavier car, even after the lightening they went through in 2008/09 it's still a heavy car, so even though it's a more powerful engine it's got alot more car to shift around. Also I take it the 1.6 was petrol? So the diesel will feel a lot different, I'd imagine in gear though it should feel quicker, but I accept as a 1.9 owner myself it isn't 'rapid', I like it though it's a 'nice' kind of fast if that makes sense...

Yeah that does sound damage repair-ish, there's loads of checks if you google, maybe that mycar reg check or something? only a couple of quid for peace of mind. They should include a crash if it was reported, insurance would have been informed and it will be given a CAT, but not sure what happens if it isn't reported? Probably nothing?

Remap without dpf removal looks like about £200 - 300 without DPF removal and £600-800 with it depending who you go to, there's been loads of threads on jobs been done. Personally I'd love to get it done when car is out of warranty/I can afford it! (There's AHM, Alfatune, Motormech (cheapest it seems) ) etc etc

I'd get the whole thing done tbh, no dpf worries ever.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , buying , concerns , crashed , jtdm , performace , remaping