3.2 JTS with Qtronic Auto Gearbox. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 16-07-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Essex
3.2 JTS with Qtronic Auto Gearbox.

Does anybody on else on here own a 3.2 JTS Q4 in either 159 or Brera with the Qtronic gearbox?
If so i would be interested to hear your comments.
Speaking from personal experience with mine I have no major complaints other than it doesn't seem to make much difference regardless of what mode the gearbox is in.(TC on/off Sport mode on/off)
Shifting the lever across to the right and shifting up & down manually seems completley pointless because it changes up anyway & doesn't allow the engine to get anywhere near the rev limiter (about 6k RPM) unlike the old Busso v6's.
Had a blast this morning in wet conditions with TC off & sport mode & could not get the any of the wheels to break traction no matter how hard I pushed.
Like I said can't complain about anything other than what a brillaint Q4 system it is but the downside is it just doesn't feel like 260bhp.
I remember my old 164 24V QV(which was carved up by TG and turned into limo btw) felt so much faster with only 230bhp.
My point is that it just does not excite in the same way as Alfa's ive had in the past.
I have no regrets about opting for an auto/semi auto because my personal opinion its the way forward in terms of technology but feel mine could maybe do with some ECU mapping to give more low down torque & maybe relelase some more horses that have been starved among all the restrictons without going silly.
A supercharger conversion at 7k offered by aftermarket tuners is completley out of the question & a ridiculous price imo.
Has anyone (if any) had re-mapping done on the 3.2 JTS with the qtronic G/box?
If so would like to hear from you.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Victoria

Member car:

Brera 1750Tbi Ti

Hmm, I'd be interested to know this too as I have the Qtronic box on my 2.4JTD which allows me to go well past the redline. And am deciding to swap it for the 3.2V6 when my lease is up!
AO Silver Member
County: Leicestershire
Had my Brera 3.2 Q4 QTronic Autodelta'd (remapped approx 275hp) lots more low down torque and mid range grunt, it didnt raise the rev limit as on the manual, well worth it.

As for the QT sport mode holds the gear till it red lines around 6200rpm.

Its as solid as a rock with the VDC on, but when off you can feel the slight rear bias, i've had a lot of fun (and a few scary moments) with it off, i remember one in particular, leaving a service station on a long sweeping curve holding the rear with a bit of oppo !!

Those were the days FWD VW now

"Once an Alfaholic, always an Alfaholic"

"Petrolhead Heaven - The only way to get there is in an Alfa Romeo"

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

auto , gearbox , jts , qtronic , qtrontic