Potholes - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 13-07-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Buckinghamshire

Locally where I live near Amersham, Bucks, the A/B roads are literally shocking, to the point that I am driving on the wrong side of a side road when quiet to avoid damaging those lovely 19 inch alloys.

Went through a pothole with a crunch yesterday and as I did it, a few choice words were belted out. Not happy and needless to say a flat 5 minutes later ended up with a flat and in a visit to the nearest Kwikfit to be told that Pirelli P Zero Neros will need to be ordered in- the man who looked around my car(2.4jtd Ti)pointed out that the driver's side front needed a look at too(smooth tread in the inside)- Quoted 300 a corner- so 600 for two front tyres!!!! I guess I will have to swallow it. in fairness I shopped about and couldn't find much better. The guy in the tyre place said to me his friend works for Alfa and his advice was- don't skimp on tyres with a car like a 159 given the weight and the size of the car, he feels the P Zeros are one of the best matches for the car.

Have any of you any thoughts on the above to avoid shelling out 600? I guess not....it was just a bit of a shock as I was expecting 400-450 max. I have taken photos of the unavoidable pothole and will be writing a letter to the council to try to recuperate the funds as my road is desperately in need of repair so hoping they had a few similar complaints!

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Glasgow
Look for some Accelera's for Ti style 19's. I got some from etyres for about 110 a corner. Many good write ups on here. no issues with mine so far
AO Member
County: Vicenza
Can't comment on the prices, as i have the 17's and not in uk (600 would be the price for a whole set of four anway), but i would suggest you the PZero Rosso instead of the Nero.
Don't know how much a good idea would be to mixing them, though..

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider