I completed this "Project" at the weekend, and surprisingly found the fronts easier than the rears!
I didnít take any pics, however here are the edited highlights:
The fronts came out as per the e-manual and all was relatively straightforward and simple. The top wishbone ball joint was a bit of hard bstard to release-even with the proper splitter. My advice; load the splitter as much as you dare, then give it a hefty blow with a hammer. The bottom bolt was also well torqued up, you will need a large breaker bar to undo that one. Time taken for replacement of each spring was 1 hour each side.
The rear was a bit of a faff due to length & clearance issues with getting the strut top out of the it mounting hole. I note that Perksey stated (in this link) that he persuaded the rear arm down to get the clearance required. This is recommended, but I didnít have a spare trolley jack at hand so used the spring compressors whilst the strut was still in situ to allow me to remove some of the spring compression and allow me to push (just) the damper body down to shorten the length and give me the clearance required. This took me a little longer at about 1.5hrs each side. You will speed that process up by using Perkseys method though!
I was quoted for all four corners £330+vat by one garage and £40 a corner by another, so feel happy and content I saved the money as well as finding an excuse not to go shopping with my Mrs!
The ride firmness has barely changed and I'm more than happy that it absorbs as well as it did before. Which is very good indeed! I will wait for a settling in process before I get it re-aligned. Any direction or advice for setting up this spec would be welcomed!
I will have a look at putting on a before and after side pic for the perverts out there!
Please feel free to ask any relevant questions!