Part exchange prices - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: West Midlands
I was only offered 12 part ex for my ti 1.75 TBi which is only 19 months old; robbing bar stewards.

I was looking into the possibility of changing to a ti diesel to save money but it wouldn't have saved jack sh*t as I'd have had to shell out thousands to save 70 per month so I've decided to stick with my nice petrol car

Not only that; I'm definitely not convinced about the 4 cylinder JTDm engines either. I'm definitely still a petrol head

I'll also be aiming to sell mine privately too when the time comes around as my cars are always immaculate regardless of mileage.
Sponsored Links
(Post Link) post #27 of 28 Old 10-07-11 Thread Starter
County: Derbyshire
Its gone today - more than the PX price, but less than I could have got.

As soon as I took it off ebay, I got several calls from disappointed buyers and two people actually offered the full asking price. But I stuck with what I agreed with the guy and sadly let it go.

The most disappointing bit is that he rang me half way home to say that an orange light had appeared (injection system?). I've never had this before - does anyone know what it means? It would be nice to be able to tell him how to sort it out.

Still, I don't feel too bad because he got it for so much less than it was really worth, so as long as it's not too serious he'll still have a bargain.
AO Member
County: Essex
As far as I can tell, having had the same occurrence with two separate cars (156 and 159) that orange light will translate into a new Lambda sensor ( assuming that the car is running and sounding OK).

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

exchange , part , prices