My windows have gone Bonkers and its sending me the same way!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 26-06-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Kent

Member car:

159 1.9 JTD SW

My windows have gone Bonkers and its sending me the same way!!

The windows on my 159 SW have started dropping on their own and setting the alarm off.
I lock the doors, all windows are shut, then a few hours later out of the blue the alarm activates due to all four windows having opened.

I have charged the battery which had gone a little flat due to not having used the car for a while and thought that would solve the problem but no it happened again last night and the battery had been on trickle charge all day.

I have had to remove the negative terminal from the battery and lock all the doors via the emergency locking plugs in the door sides just to be able to sleep at night and not p*ss off my neighbours.Car starts fine otherwise I would just go and buy a new battery.

This is a real problem as I cant take the car anywhere incase this happens in a car park or on the street. I live in S. London for Gods sake, it wouldnt take long for someone to strip the interior bare!
Any help or answers would be appreciated before I go to my local Alfa cash incinerator.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , bonkers , opening , problem , sending , windows