1st good run after re-map - good mpg ! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
How often should it regen ?

How often should a car do a regen and what sort of mpg should I expect ?

My car did a regen on the way down to Cornwall - suddenly noticed the car was running a bit rougher, the current fuel consumption dropped to around 28-32 mpg at 75 mpg and the turbo gauge dropped like a stone when I took my foot off the accelerater...

How ofter should the car regen ? Thats the second time since I have owned the car...

Last edited by Alfajunkie; 01-07-11 at 12:18. Reason: Incorrect
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Cheshire
I bet your not far off with the 50mpg. I also went to cornwall a few weeks back and averaged 48mpg in my 2.4 doing about 70mph. I normally average about 43mpg and have had the MOD3 fitted about 12 months ago. Mine regens about once every tank full, so about every 600 miles.
AO Member
County: Cheshire
To be honest I have never actually noticed my car doing regens, but have noticed mpg struggle to get above 33mpg doing 70mph on a m'way on some occassions. Maybe it was regen'ing at these times.

From what I gather the more driving in town and traffic the car does the more regens it needs to do, so it would all depend on what you driving routes are like.
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 62
County: Greater Manchester
yep you're right. if you're doing all town driving then i reckon it'll regen every 300 miles or so

and i could never tell mine was doign a regen either apart from the mpg dropping like a stone for 10 mins now and again. gone now though, so no more wasting diesel for me

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

1st , good , mpg , remap , run