(New Guy) Picking up 159 Tomorrow! :D - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 15-06-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: North Lanarkshire

Member car:

159 Ti

Wave (New Guy) Picking up 159 Tomorrow! :D

Just thought I'd quickly say hi guys!

After lurking about the forums for a while it's clearly a great place for info and it's gave me the push I needed to sign on the line for a 159. Been looking at getting one for a while, was initially looking at BMW's / Audis etc but a good deal came up and my parents/sis etc all said go for the Alfa!

Picking up tomorrow: Black 159 ti 09 plate 1.9
I was looking for a decent priced 2.4 or 1.75 tbi but tbh the running costs of those would probably kill me! So opted for the 1.9 as I can see remap and dpf removal in the future is a good option! Probably look into that once warranty runs out

But for now just wondering, anything I should look out for or any tips I might not know about?!
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Fife

Member car:

MB C Class coupe

Good luck with the new motor Chris. You'll be one of very few 159s on Scottish roads and you've picked a great colour and trim level, looks wise. I drive a petrol so can't give you any tips from personal experience on the 1.9, but a work colleague who has one says it needs to be driven hard to stop it getting clogged up. Allegedly the stealer in Edinburgh once gave him a b*ll*cking for not driving fast enough!
AO Member
County: Cornwall
Fully agree with that one bassman, had clogging issues with mine but sorted by a good motorway blast now and again! Have fun Chris, dpf removal and remap is the way to go for trouble free motoring. Due to twin arrivals, had to change my 159 for a Ford S-Max, which is a good car, but the Alfa is the only one you will love!!
Will be back with the new Alfa SUV when it arrives!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , guy , picking , tomorrow