159 Hesitation and Brakes - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 14-06-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Leicestershire

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDM Ti

159 Hesitation and Brakes

Hi all,

My 159 has developed a couple of issues which I thought i would check with those in the know before taking it to the dealer!

I have a 2008 159 SW 2.4 Ti and it has developed the following "features":

1) When braking from a slow speed I can hear a kind of grinding/clicking when the brakes are applied. The brake pads look healthy and there is no obvious sign of why it is doing this - the brakes appear to function as well as ever. Does anyone have any experience of this....

2) I appreciate that the hesitation thing has been discussed numerous times but mine has been pretty bullet proof until recently. The problem I have is that when accelerating in 5th and 6th at speeds of 75 onwards (on the continent of course ) the car hesitates really badly and won't accelerate any further but then jumps back to life. This almost only happens when I am going up a gradient - has anyone else come across this....

Any clues greatly appreciated...

Sponsored Links
Grit between the disc/pad?

Are the discs scored?
AO Member
County: Buckinghamshire
I seem to get the odd very short hesitation and then the turbo boost kicks in when cruising in 4th and changing up...maybe it's the Diesel and the car needs a blast on a long run?
AO Member
County: Kent

Member car:

Alfa Romeo 159

I'm very interested if you get this problem diagnosed. The extreme hesitation after 70 ish, thats what ive had for awhile. Due to getting a steering rack recon i have no cash to investigate. Its funny though how it just returns to normal after a little bit of time though.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , brakes , hesitation