Forget the 2.4 - the 1.9 is awful on fuel too ! - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: West Sussex

Member car:

Alfa Romeo 159

I use fuelly on my BlackBerry Torch.. Doesn't disagree with Trip A computer in my experience
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Staffordshire

Member car:

159 1.9Ti-alike

Originally Posted by JamesAlfa159 View Post
I use fuelly on my BlackBerry Torch.. Doesn't disagree with Trip A computer in my experience
I've known people with remaps that definitely give over optomistic readings. I think mine is about 10% over optomistic now.

I've actually found a fuel station that I think is "fiddling" the pumps. Whenever I fill up there fuelly gives me significantly less mpg over the last few hundred miles - meaning the pump is actually not dispensing what it says it is meaning I have to pay for more of their "litres" than at another petrol station. Its happened a couple of time now and ONLY when I fill up there. Its a privately owned Jet garage. I now stick to supermarkets. They're big enough not to have to worry about fiddling a few p a litre.

I've also thought about contacting trading standards about it. Thing is without fuelly (or similar) I never would have known.

The clincher for me was going to Whitby and back last week.

Going there I got 48mpg (55 indicated).
Coming back I again got 55mpg indicated but an actual 40.1!

That can only mean that I had to put a lot more of their "small litres" to brim the tank again. Interesting.

AO Member
County: Durham
My trip to work is only 9 miles. 2 miles of 60 (A road), 6 miles of motorway 70 (ish ), 1 mile of 30. Problem is the car never gets fully warmed up, still getting 36, see below (trip puter says 36 too!)

Had to do a trip to Heathrow a couple of months ago (500 round trip in a day), and was not hanging about and averaged 42. It can depend on all sorts of factors. On my current tank, averaging 38.5 mpg, only the 9 mile trips involved.

if I'm rambling, tough, pished, I don't get the mpg I used to

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

awful , forget , fuel