Hidden surprise feature on my 159sw - list yours here - Page 12 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 13Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
County: Cheshire
Just noticed..... when I put the Qtronic in reverse, a red light upon the roof courtesy light panel comes on - the corner nearest the driver
tenuta is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: Fully armed and operational tractor
AO Member
 
AlfaJoe92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: United Kingdom
County: Hertfordshire
Garage
My Alfa has a nifty little 'feature' of being a homing magnet for bird ****. Anyone know how to turn this off?
AlfaJoe92 is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
ChrisH77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Winchester
County: Hampshire
Finally found the emergency boot release handle. I have owned the 159 for a year now, and my inability to spot the handle has been a nagging worry - what if the electrics failed and I needed to open the boot? This afternoon I had a more determined feel around under the front corners of the back seat, and felt something under the left side that wasn't on the right. At last I brought the loop of cable into sight, and a gentle tug opened the boot. Bingo!

With luck I'll never need it, but at least I'll be able to find it when I do.
ChrisH77 is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: United Kingdom
County: Fife
Garage
The red light on the roof is the reversing sensor light. It's on all models with sensors.
I had no idea about the boot release cable - where is that?

One feature I found... Hold down the unlock button on the remote and the car opens all windows
ContactGT is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: United Kingdom
County: Fife
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloverleaf159 View Post
do the hazzards really flash when you brake heavy on the 159? heard of this idea before but didnt know the 159 might have them?
Yes, mine do that. I think they flash at double speed too, but it could have been my adrenaline!!
ContactGT is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
alfaoxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Sth Oxfordshire
County: Oxfordshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContactGT View Post
The red light on the roof is the reversing sensor light. It's on all models with sensors.
I had no idea about the boot release cable - where is that?

One feature I found... Hold down the unlock button on the remote and the car opens all windows
And the sunroof if you've got one ! Gives you a heck of a shock if you come back from shopping and the key fob has been pressing against anything in your pocket/bag etc. I thought I'd left everything open by mistake when it happened to me.
alfaoxon is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
epsonix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Poland
County: Bielsko-Biala
Images: 10
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContactGT View Post
Yes, mine do that. I think they flash at double speed too, but it could have been my adrenaline!!
only case with face lifting models, older do not do that.
yes it is much faster flashing
epsonix is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
epsonix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Poland
County: Bielsko-Biala
Images: 10
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH77 View Post
Finally found the emergency boot release handle. I have owned the 159 for a year now, and my inability to spot the handle has been a nagging worry - what if the electrics failed and I needed to open the boot? This afternoon I had a more determined feel around under the front corners of the back seat, and felt something under the left side that wasn't on the right. At last I brought the loop of cable into sight, and a gentle tug opened the boot. Bingo!

With luck I'll never need it, but at least I'll be able to find it when I do.
only saloon/sedan/limousine whatever you call 4door version in your countries. sw does not have that
epsonix is offline  
Status: Back in the Alfa Fold again
AO Member
 
SanRemo78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Lancashire
Working on the car today I noticed a strange hole in the rear trim panel covering the back of the load area on the Sportwagon, looking at I realised that it gives access to an emergency release lever on the lock mechanism in the tailgate in case the electrical push button fails. Put a screwdriver in it with the tailgate close and lever the latch to the centre of the car, screwdriver handle to the outside of the car. This should pop the tailgate.

Guy
SanRemo78 is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159sw , feature , hidden , list , surprise

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome