yippee maybe - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: South Yorkshire
Originally Posted by Clogz View Post
Let us all know how things are working when you get the Motormech DPF&EGR delete(?) done followed by a proper remap. I, for one, would be interested to see the RR power&torque graphs you'll get.
It's not something that's happening immediately.... my partner is about to take her driving test and I think 210bhp is enough for her....

But I will definitely update you all when it's finally done
Sponsored Links
(Post Link) post #27 of 28 Old 17-06-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Warwickshire

Member car:

Alfa 159 2.4

So where does all this debate leave things? Those who have had the work done by one company reckon one thing and those having had it done by another reckon the same, but different (if you get what I mean). I suppose we are all after sort of peace of mind that we've spent our hard earned cash and got what we wanted at the best rate. So, as I see it, there are a few questions :-
1/ Is there any difference?
2/ What is the difference (if any)?
3/ How is this "difference" item resolved?
As far as I can see it, the only way it can be resolved is to somehow get an "independant investigation". I think the only way is to have a car done by one way to be compared with the other by getting the different done cars checked out on a RR. Of course, customised mapping will provide different graphs to a "standard" remapping depending on the customer requirements. However, if the results arrive giving the same increase in torque and bhp, then it is up to the customer if he wants to pay more to be able to decide how this is achieved.
Club Member
Membro Medio
Club Member Number: 1405
County: West Yorkshire
It leaves me comfortable knowing I'm completely happy with my car and how it runs. I don't feel the need for any RR tests as I've seen the RR results. If you have a read through F1JBS' mega thread you'll find the results of the F1 map.

At the end of the day it's about choices and options. I was only offering advice based on my experience with the F1 remap with DPF&EGR delete done by Alfatune. And my choice my based on a lot of development & research work done by alfatune&AHM.
If other people want to try something unproven then good luck to them and I look forward to reading about their experiences - both shortterm and longterm.

It's all good fun!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider