The first couple of weeks. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 26-05-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Warwickshire

Member car:

Alfa 159 2.4

The first couple of weeks.

Now I know I bought the car from a not too "slick" dealer, or perhaps he was. But the mileage was low, the condition excellent and the price lower than I'd seen for much higher mileage cars. I didn't get "customer service" from them, but I still thought I got a good deal.
The car is great. I get a buzz looking at it even before I get in and press the button. It's a silver, 2007 2.4.
A couple of longish (60 mile) trips with a lot of short trips to work and Tescos returned 34 mpg. which I was happy with. Last Friday I went down to Heathrow to send the missus of for a few weeks in Japan and got 39 which I thought was a bit low considering most of it was motorway on cruise. Mind you, my other car is a 4ltr Soarer which gives 17 on local trips, but about 32 on really long ones.
I must admit though that the Soarer is more comfortable and "easier" to drive on the motorway. It only has an extra 35 b.h.p. and is a lot heavier, but the control of the car seems somehow better. Putting your foot down to overtake a car taveling a bit slower seems a bit more effortless. I have only pushed it to "max" once and at 150 err ins. per hour and still goimg up, there was not a murmur from the missus who usually points out if I'm going too fast.
However, in normal driving on A and B roads it's the Alfa.
There are a couple of niggles though and it's all to do with computery things. The odometer keeps flashing and the sound system comes up with English language unavailable when I press the button and shout at it. Anybody got any ideas? But I will be taking her in for a 36k service at ( I think) Alfaworkshop and ask them to sort it. Has anyone got experience of them and are they good? I'm also looking forward to getting a dpf removal, egr sort out and remap. There are threads about Gus who seems to be good at, I think, Alfatune. Is that right?
Look forward to any replies.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

couple , weeks