How you can remove DPF with low cost - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 24-05-11 Thread Starter
County: Constanta

Member car:

alfa159 150cp

How you can remove DPF with low cost

Hello few days ago I submit a thread about DPF ,BECOUS MY 159 1.9 jtdm get troubles with this
At once I get some support offer directly from my country but the price is over my budget. That is around 680 euro and probably other cost it will come when you go for MOT (in Romania is RAR).But in despite of this few months ago I read on a forum but I don’t remember where exactly, about same problem which were sorted out simply as following or something similar.

Remove the DPF (by removing what is inside of this )

Step 2 instead of differential sensor which is pick the value in front of DPF and after this you have to install a resistor between +5 and signal wire ,and get on this one around 3,1v
The matter is to find out this value correctly other wise you have to loose some time (probably from a good working car with same ECU ).

Step 3 reset the ECU or clear all errors by any software that you have and work on your car.

Step 4 if you like to get a better response from engine is to blind partial the EGRV(I think the remaining hole shut be 1/3 from half of EGRV opening) and reduce recirculation of exhausts gases and get more oxygen in engine combustion.

Now it will be highly appreciate and of course usefully any professional advice regarding to these .

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

cost , dpf , low , remove