1) Put it in neutral
2) Now grasp the shaft just below the gear knob (I know, too much innuendo)
3) Pull the shaft down, hard! It will come away from the gear knob
4) lift off the gear knob
5) Get your fingers under the back edge of the whole gear surround, including the plastic
6) lift up from the rear and it just pops off on clips
7) don't pull the aluminium trim, that's secured to the plastic outer bit from underneath!
8) disconnect all the cables attached and remove from the car
9) you should now be able to remove the aluminium bit from the rest of it for wrapping
Refitting is the above in reverse.
May I make a suggestion?
Wrapping might look good in the short term but will age quickly. To save you having to do it all again soon, get a quote on having the parts hydro-dipped instead. Unless you can do it yourself!