Turbo surge ? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 07-05-11 Thread Starter

Member car:

alfa 156

Crazed Turbo surge ?

159 1.9jtd mutijet During acceleration in 1st & second as the revs rise to 3000 I get a very distinct increase in acceleration, a bit like an old twin choke carb ! At the same time the turbo boost gauge drops from near the max on the gauge to about mid point. I get no warning of overboost . It does not seem to repeat this in any other gear so its a bit odd. Any ideas. I do get a distinct, but not loud, turbo whine when cold . I have a TDI diesel tuning box fitted but have not had the same symptoms on my 156 jtd which is similalry fitted/

Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
County: -
Take the box off and see the difference. If there is then its a box issue not the car. Some very good and some very bad tuning boxes out there!
AO Silver Member
County: Wrexham
Mine does the same, but i havnt got a Diesel tuning box fitted. its like as though you hit the nitros! only in 1st and 2nd though. just a good job the ASL and VDC work really or there will be ''11s'' coming out of my drive way! haha

i dont think its so much as an overboost issue, its most likely just because of the close gear ratio in those gears.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , surge , turbo