Brera 2.2 in 37mpg shock!!!!!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 21-04-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Dorset
Brera 2.2 in 37mpg shock!!!!!!

I damaged one of my beautiful alloys and it had to go away to the nice repair man who was unhappy with the first repair and so, did it again which is why it took 4 days. Result, I had to use my skinny spacesaver for 113 miles. I had coincidently filled up with fuel as soon as I put the space saver on, and had immediately felt the car was not happy with this small skinny piece of rubber on one of the front wheels and so, drove it like there were eggs under the throttle and brake pedals. Changing gear at 2000rpm, getting it into 6th as soon as possible and cruising at a max of an indicated 55mph. I had turned into my Granny and the queue of vehicles in my rear view mirror soon grew!!!!

My 2.2 Brera S normally returns 29 - 30 mpg per tankfull and my daily commute takes me out of town on a 26 mile round trip of mainly country A roads across the Purbeck hills, including a couple of 30 and 50mph villages. After 4 days my trip computer was showing an indicated 37.3mpg, and was still slowly clicking upwards.

The alloy was back on in time for a Saturday morning hard blast to Bristol and back to take part in the BIAMF show, and an average of 26mpg, thats much more like it

37mpg may be very nice but, the driving style just did not suit the vehicle and I so missed the noise.

Ex 164QV, 145QV, 156 2.0TS Modifica, 159Ti, Maserati Ghibli GT.....sob, I want it back mummy Brera S Modifica
Sponsored Links
Both the 2.2 and 1750 return very good mileage if you drive it like
a granny and never go over 110kph.

But what's the point of that?

AO Gold Member
County: Gauteng

Member car:

GTV 2.8 Turbo

My 1.9 JTS never came close to that and I really did my best.
But it kept on returning the same consumption as my 3.2GTV on the open road.
AO Silver Member
County: Armagh

Member car:

Giulietta QV

1.9JTS in a car the weight of the 159 was never gonna yield performance or economy no matter what way it was driven.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

37mpg , brera , shock