Help needed - In search of a cheap 159! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Help needed - In search of a cheap 159!

Hi guys,

I'm looking at getting a 159 within the next year. I'm by no means desperate so I'm willing to wait for the right deal. Last December Alfa dealers around the country purchased a lot of brand new pre reg ones that they sold off rather cheap shall we say. Obviously these are all pretty well much all gone now so I'm on the look out for a similar deal!
To give you an idea as to the deals that were being offered you could pick up a 159 Turismo saloon 1.9JTD ECO for 14k, a 159 Turismo 1.9 JTD 16v for 15k and a 159 1.9 JTD 16v Lusso for 17k.

I'm therefore looking for a similar price which may be hard to repeat. On the plus side, I am quite open with what I'm after: any 159 Turismo Sport or higher in 1.9 JTD 16v or 2.0 JTD 16v in any colour (but if it is black it can't have a black interior).
I really would love a Sportwagon but they are like rocking horse 5hit! It must be with delivery miles though (under 1,000).

I have saved all of the Alfa dealers stock web pages in my favorites so I'm looking everyday and I'm also keeping an eagle eye out at places like Motorpoint.
However, if any of you guys get to see some stonking offers please let me know!

Sponsored Links
Welcome to AO 159/Brera/Spider Lounge.

Some DERVists will be along shortly to help you.

But check the 1750 as an option too.

The Sport trim level is the business.
Especially if you don't want leather.

They are heavily discounting new 159 here now.

Last edited by Nev; 13-04-11 at 11:36.
Thanks Nev. The Sport does look nice but I'd have to track down some 18 inch horseshoes to finish it off nicely.

I have nothing against the TBi so it would be an option but the price would have to be significantly cheaper than the diesel to close the gap up in the higher running costs and given the fact that the diesels have been quite cheap anyway I'd prefer to go for another one.
The other reason for choosing the derv over the petrol is the complexity of the engine. The diesels are already very advanced but the TBi is something else and as I like to keep my cars until they have done well over 100k miles, simplicity is one of the main attractions.

Bear in mind the Tossa (That's Toe-sah ) 17s on the Sport are not noticeable too small for the 159.
And demonstrable cheaper when re-shoeing. (Also less prone to kerbing. )

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , cheap , needed , search