159 Sportwagon - a few newbie questions - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 04-04-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: North Yorkshire
159 Sportwagon - a few newbie questions

Hi all.
Looking forward to contributing to the forum with my 'to be ordered this week' Sportwagon.

Few questions from the new guy if you don't mind...

Bose upgrade... gotta be worth it hasn't it?

Parking sensors.... rear come as standard anyway on the Ti.... is the full system worth the extra money? Where does the graphical display go? Is it stuck on the dash somewhere, or intergrated into the display that is already in the dash?

Factory SAT/NAV. I have heard its a bit pants. I can have a Pioneer touch screen AVIC retro fitted instead.... I think that might be the better option.

Still can't decide between petrol or diesel! Derv for better MPG.... Petrol for more fun

Thanks all!

Oh... box of wheel nuts under the spare wheel... thats what the rattle was!!!
Sponsored Links
Welcome to AO.

Get the 1750.

AO Silver Member
County: Surrey
Go for the 1750Tbi. Petrol Power with Diesel Torque and no clatter.

When you select the front parking aid the image comes up on the display between the speedo and rev counter.

Might be best to ask about the Bose in the 'ICE Lounge'
AO Silver Member
155 Lounge Winner 09
County: Victoria

Member car:

GT . 155 . 75

The BOSE system is definitely better than the standard system. It is also nicely integrated, and the sub doesn't take up much space in the back. Interestingly, the sub in the SW is much smaller than the saloon/sedan (something like 5.25" vs 10").

Now, compared with a quality aftermarket system, BOSE does not sound that great. But an aftermarket system may not integrate as nicely, requires work done on the car (ie: door trims removed, dash trims removed, door sills for wiring, etc). For aftermarket to sound great, you have to spend 'great' too. If you spend similar money to BOSE on an aftermarket system, you'd only expect a subwoofer sitting in a subbox plonked in the middle of the boot; highly professional installation (ie: no damage to trims, no new rattles, properly mounted speakers, neat cabling all cable-tied, etc) and a part-fibreglass subbox integrated into the side of the boot, will skyrocket your costs.

Hence, BOSE is a good middle-ground to most people who I'd call 'non-enthusiasts'. If you are a genuine ICE enthusiast, you'd go aftermarket. If you don't really care much for music quality, you'd probably be happy with the standard setup.

Having said this, I'm an ICE nutter. But our SW is primarily the family car driven by my wife. So the BOSE system suffices cos I don't wish to mess with this car or lose boot space. I'm sure my wife would be happy with the standard setup; and I'm satisfied with the BOSE. Mind you, BOSE was standard in our Ti Oz-spec car.

GT . 3.2 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red . Eibach . KONI . ASSO . ATP 19" . TAROX . FERODO . Mille Miglia exhaust
155 . 2.0 8V TS . Grigio Grey - Grey . H&R coilover . Enkei 17" . TAROX . GOODRIDGE . REMUS
75 . 3.0 . Alfa Red - Grey
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 05-04-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: North Yorkshire
Thanks for the advice guys. I am not an ICE enthusiast... but nearly every car I have ever owned has had the stereo on max - and I wanted more!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , newbie , questions , sportwagon