Just got a call from my Alfa dealer (Marshall's), they want to replace the chain, but will charge me £1,375 for the privilege!
This, after a email from them saying they will do all they can to resolve the problem! I explained that this is an ELF of a part, car has done 36K, and if I'm correct, the age of it should not be a factor! took the day off just to get this 'looked at'
1. Initially, took ages to contact the guy needed, got the 'I'll get him to call you back' never did after countless attempts.
2. This is done at an Volve dealership! (only spotted 2 Alfa's there!)
3. They sent me to a Vauxhall dealers first to be told, your at the wrong place.
4. dropped it of this morning, called several times to see what was happening and ....no calls back.
5. The staff were very polite, it has to be said!
Not going ahead at that price, especially as i can get it done for less than half at a specialists! They said they will speak to the manager, but not holding my breath tbh.
Not very happy at the moment, so sorry for the rant.
Edit, just to add, when i spoke to the Volvo Engineer (by his own admission) he said the labour would be £375, can the parts really be THAT