Just bought 4x Continental Sport Contact 2 Tyres !!!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 16-03-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Devon
Just bought 4x Continental Sport Contact 2 Tyres !!!!

I've recently been looking around for 2x replacement tyres, rears very close to limit.
Due to lack of funds, even considered buying used tyres if I could find some the right size 235/45 18", with some decent tread- Having tried Ebay, got outbid etc....
On saturday, decided to visit local Breakers @ PeasePottage , just off the M23/A23 in Sussex.
Travelling up A23, nearing the Junction turnoff, "Bang!!!" a Blow-Out on the n/s front doing around 70mph. The Alfa's suspension was brillant, with the initial pop- the car kept in a straight line with only minor vibration through the steering wheel- felt in complete control.
So now having to bite the bullet, I had no real choice but to order 4x New Tyres-
Decided on going the whole Hog and purchase 4x New Continental Sport Contact 2's -
Having used these tyres before on my old Audi S6 Avant- I had a good idea how they behaved.
Significantly quieter, more comfortable and forgiving over the bumps with good feed-back through the Steering wheel, compared with the original Pirelli P-Zero's.
Have to say, a Quality car, in my opinion deserves quality tyres.
The only problem, as with all premium tyres- is paying for them- as they don't come cheap.
You can probably guess how much 4x Premium Tyres are- Thank goodness for credit cards!!!
Another thought, with both 159's & Brera's, its worth having the Tracking set to Parrallel- the tyres will last longer- can't afford to have new Front tyres every 7-8,000 miles.

Last edited by david44; 16-03-11 at 00:31.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Buckinghamshire

Member car:

Honda CTR

Just put sportcontact 5’s on the front of the Brera. I have had Pirellis (8k), Kumhos (7k) , Vredesteins (6k), Kumhos (8k) and Bridgestones (6 1/2k) so I have tried most of them.

Continentals are astonishing. I will never buy any of the ‘big’ brands again as the contis grip levels wipe the floor with em. I keep Kumho’s on the back to keep the wheels in line and save a bit of cash

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

bought , contact , continental , sport , tyres