Anyone had a body computer change on a 159 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 22-02-11 Thread Starter
County: Buckinghamshire

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDM

Anyone had a body computer change on a 159

My 2.2 JTS now on it's 3rd visit to the dealer in the past 3 weeks to deal with non-starting issues (turning over but not firing).

Visit 1 - timing belt replaced - car returned but problem resurfaced almost immediately
Visit 2 - fractured earthing strap (+ new battery at my expense) - fixed and ran like a dream for 2 days then problem returned
Visit 3 - and it seems they are starting to run out of ideas. Now suggesting they may have to replace ECU or body computer.
If they do either of these will I need new keys because think they may not be covered under warranty ?

Dealer customer service excellent (SGT of Taplow) but I just want my Alfa back fixed !

Anybody had similar non-starting issues and ended up with a new ECU or body computer ?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Timing belt?The 2.2 is chain driven.Was it the auxiliary belt that drives the steering pump/alternator?
AO Member
County: Kent
I find it hard to believe that if a new ECU is required under warranty, they would not reprogram or replace the keys to go with it! It would be utterly useless otherwise...
AO Member
County: Bedfordshire
My beloved brera is in need of a new body control unit (seated behind fuse box under steering wheel) Intermittant fault, no illumination when key inserted in key slot, alarm wouldnt work, errors on the instrument panel, airbag light on, hill start fault, asr faults etc... This occured out of the blue now faced with £574 part to order which comes programmed to chassis number of the vehicle.

Alfa's are joy & pain! LoL
AO Member
County: Devon

Member car:

alfa brera jtdm

body computer

Hi I had the body computer changed, on my Brera, due to headlight failure, still ok with original keys. Alfa replaced mine free of charge, even though it was couple of months out of warranty.
County: Kowloon City Kowloon
Check the Fuel Regulator. (reply from my Alfa x-tech support, he's Ferrari tech now).
Hope this can help!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , body , change , computer