Which Front Wishbone Part nos required to sort Camber Alignment and inner tyre wear? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 16-02-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

A Car

Which Front Wishbone Part nos required to sort Camber Alignment and inner tyre wear?

Despite me replacing the front upper wishbones on a Brera, the experienced 4 wheel laser alignment man has just told be that the front wheel camber is still out of spec and that I should anticipate continued problems with of inner front tyre wear. (trw arms fitted)

Whilst unlikely, my first thoughts where "Adjustable Wishbones" Someone must make them given that the saga of front tyre wear isn't new and this has been going on for years.

Then I remembered that Alfa have apparently modified the wishbones a number of times which made me think that they have altered the geomerty of the wishbones to overcome the tyre wear problem?

It might seem like a non start but it does look as if the old alloy arms could be modified to fit adjustable track rod ends but would obvious need to be done by a specilist car/alloy fabricator.

Does anyone have any hard facts on this one?
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Surrey
What is your Toe-Out setting?
I swapped my own front wishbone last weekend and was told when I bought the new one that it was on revision 6 from Alfa. Aparently you can tell by the part number? Don't ask me how. I have no idea. I posted on here how I did the job and photographed the two wishbones side by side. I couldn't tell much difference apart from some obvious casting changes. However, the geometry would only need to be different by a few thou to affect the final wheel position.

If you can find a competent fabricator and machinist (preferably a race car fabricator), I believe that it would be feasable to make some custom upper wishbones by cutting the pivot bushes off and replacing them with rose joints. Personally, doing this would scare the living c**p out of me. These are safety critical suspension parts we are talking about, but it's nothing that the racing boys wouldn't think twice about.

A quick search on Google images found this........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Upper%20Wishbone.jpg (44.6 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by 427scr; 18-02-11 at 12:52.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

alignment , camber , front , nos , part , required , sort , tyre , wear , wishbone