159 front mud flaps on Brera
There are a number of threads on here debating the use of various mud flaps on the front of the Brera. There are basically 3 choices;- The Prodrive ones at £100 with Prodrive written on them, as fitted to the 2.2S. Some dodgy £30 ABS ones from China that look terrible and will probably break when the first stone hits them and finally the option of fitting 159 rubber flaps with some modification. There are no Alfa flaps available for the Brera at the moment.
I weighed up all the pros and cons and went for the 159 flaps (£55.75 inc delivery from Mangoletsi in Cheshire).
Below are some pictures of the mods I made to the flaps and also how they are fitted to the Brera. They do leave a small gap where the flange fits round the wing, but in my opinion (especially on a black car) that isn't an issue compared with the cost of respraying your rear wheel arches.
If you look at the picture of the 2 flaps together, one is modified and the other is straight out of the wrapper. You need to remove rubber in 3 places to get a better fit. These areas are outlined in red. A sharp knife is all you need for this, the rubber is very soft.
On the car, you need to sculpt the plastic inner wing like the picture to allow the flap to nestle into the wing flange. Compare what I have done with your car and you will easily see the difference.
The flap is fixed with the little zinc plated clips and a nut and bolt at the bottom. You will have to drill a hole in the plastic to fit this bolt. All of the fixings come in the kit of parts with the flaps. I found that squeezing the clips together before fitting them gave a far better joint. The flaps do have notches in them for the clips, but on the Brera, the wing flange is the wrong size to make use of them and you have to put the clips next to the cutouts.
Finally I sprayed the fixings with some black stone chip paint from Halfrauds to protect them and becaus I am anal about stuff like that.
The job takes about an hour a side and is better done with the wheel off. The flaps do not fit perfectly and an amount of judgement is required to make them look good, but I managed it on my drive in the wind and rain this afternoon.