Buyers guide for a 159? Or any comments on an 06/07 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 04-02-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Buyers guide for a 159? Or any comments on an 06/07

My wife has been looking for a new car for a while and has found Alfas. I had a Spider a while ago (Zoe yellow with hard top - probably the only one in country) but needed more seats so it had to go.

She was looking at a Mito but I think its a bit small inside. The 159 looks nice as it has a bit more space and quite a decent interior. We're going to have a visit to SGT in Taplow, Berks tomorrow to view an 06 plate one. Might swing by Adrian at Alfa Aid too.

So - I've found a couple of threads on here with comments:

Anyone else got any thoughts or comments on living with one? I was hoping to find a specific list of what to look for other than cambelt but I will have a good dig around here.

I assume the diesel is a bit more economic (35mpg over say 25mpg in a 1.8/2l range) but I also presume its a noisy bugger.

Any thoughts or resources mentioned would be good.

thanks all

Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

I'm selling one after 3yrs of non trouble with mine except for a rear coil spring and clutch replacement. It's a 1.9 JTDm that returns 45 mpg according to the trip and it has an Alfa FSH. It's in great condition, rubino red and really been looked after, TBH I don't really want to let her go but I've signed the papers for her replacement. I bought her with 7000 miles and she now has 52000m on the clock and is due for a service in the next 3000 miles. They're only noisy when cold BTW. If you or anyone is interested pleasedrop me a line. Steve.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

06 or 07 , 159 , buyers , comments , guide