A DPF that works? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 23-01-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Essex
A DPF that works?

Had my 159 2.4 (2006 Lusso) for about 7 weeks now, covered about 700miles. Sometimes it gets a good blast other times it might be local for a few tens of miles at weekends, usually I get the train to work in central London but sometimes visit sites here and there, so not always ideal driving for the engine and since finding out more about the dpf have wondered if I should have looked harder for a petrol.

Anyway, was expecting DPF issues of some sort by now and have the cable on order and ecuscan downloaded in anticipation of needing a self regen but so far nothing, its not regened itself as far as I could tell and runs fine. Not complaining just wondering!

Manual has something about a symbol that lights up while i does it 'in some markets/versions' does this apply to the uk? Or do I simply have a dpf that works?

And no, I dont think its remaped.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Hampshire

Member car:

159 Ti 2.0 JTDm

Well to be honest I never notice when mine is doing a regen, then I have the new CCDPF on the 2.0 JTDm engine.

Its been mentioned that you will notice the fuel consumption increase. If you have done 700miles, you should have had at least 1 regen by now!
AO Silver Member
County: Somerset

Member car:

147 1.6 Lusso

I know when mine goes into regen: smoky exhaust and 20 mpg!
AO Member
County: Worcestershire
I've done about 10k miles in my 2.4 and can honestly say I have never noticed a regen or the lack of performance that's meant to to occur when it's doing it.
AO Member
County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

Giulietta 1.4 MA

I dont seem to notice any drop in performance when the car is doing a regen - I'm not sure you are supposed to either, more that if the DPF becomes clogged then you will notice a drop in performance and have to do a forced regen. Took my car to the garage last week to get the DPF checked as get an intermittent warning light that it is blocked (only on start up for a second or so). After inspection was told that DPF was fine and last regen was done 25km ago - which means that it regen'd on the way to the garage. I didn't notice a thing!! Only time I think I have noticed a regen is upon getting out of the car and smelling the tell-tale burning smell (and a ticking in the exhaust pipe area - is this normal??).
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

159 TI

+1 same here

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

dpf , works