quite a few faults, all rectified - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 23-01-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Shropshire

Member car:

159 1.9 JTDM

Well Happy quite a few faults, all rectified

just an update in case anyone has similar issues with their 159s. Having bought the car, a 159, 1.9 JTDM, 2007 model with about 60K miles on the clock just before Christmas I didnt expect to have to take the car back 3 times for repairs! Saying that, the garage (Budgen in Shrewsbury) has been great! OK, first of all the drivers wiper arm was worn through and so the garage adjusted the splines (not the arm) and replaced the arm Job done! Then they replaced the window trims that were hanging off and finaly, after having to get the mechanic to come out on a road test with me to listen to a knocking sound coming from the front passengers side, they replaced the upper wishbone arm (took about an hour). Also they looked at a few niggles and sorted them out as well so although the car has bee in 3 times the garage has sorted out all the faults free of charge to me.The car came with a 1 year full warranty and never any questions about the validity of the faults. The only other small issues are the carpets under the front seats have risen up and blocked the hot air from the vents flowing back into the passengers compartments and occassionaly the drivers wing mirror wont retract fully when selected but will do so after several pushes of the button. I'll sort those faults out at some point! Hats off so far to the dealer! Top motor to drive.

Last edited by NedFlander; 23-01-11 at 01:21. Reason: spelling correction

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

faults , rectified