I have bought my 159 just yesterday and I have some questions. It's a used one, nearly 2 years old with 1750 TBi engine and with only 17 000 kms (11 000 miles). Since the 2-year warranty will end in 2 months, I want to check as much as I can and let it repair still under warranty. I am totally new to Alfas, so my questions will be maybe simple and the symptoms might be normal for Alfa.
1) There is condensation inside front headlamps and also inside all back lamps. I can clearly see the condensation on the inner surface of the light covers. How can this be cured? Can I ask a dealer to repair it under warranty?
2) With the car stopped, when I push the accelerator pedal slowly, so the engine speed is slowly rising, at about 1100 rpm the whole car starts "shaking". Like there is some kind of resonance in the engine, which shakes with the car. The vibrations are not very intensive, just noticeable. It stops at about 1200 rpm and then it's smooth to the redline. Any problem or normal for this engine?
3) When the engine is idling and I open the bonnet, I can easily locate that the power steering pump makes a buzzing noise. Really like a "bzzzzz", no metal-to-metal noises. The fluid in the reservoair looks yellow (or clear) and it's above MIN (not at the MAX level). I've read many threads about power steering problems, is this anything similar? Or is this normal?
EDIT: see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bc-J5d6Ihg
, the buzzing sound comes from the steering pump.
3a) EDIT: I also don't like how "hard" is the engine idling (see video above), is this normal? It looks like a small 3 cylinder engine or a diesel and it sounds like this even with the hood closed or when I am sitting inside. Is this normal?
4) The lowest speed of the interior fan is way too loud. It's still only airflow noise, nothing else, but I would say it's just loud as in an airplane. In my previous 13 years old Honda, when I turned ignition on (engine stopped) and turned the fan on lowest speed, I could barely notice it and the air was still flowinf inside. Is this normal in 159? Could it be caused by some clogged interior air filter? There is enough air flowing inside, so it won't be clogged totally.
5) I plug the key into the dashboard, the dashboard displays switch on and I turn the "loud" air ventilation off completelly. I should be sitting in a completelly silent interior. But there is still some noise as the fan would still be working, but no air is flowing inside. Is this normal?
6) One question off topic: I can't find the 12V plug in the interior, so I could charge my mobile phone. Is there any?
Thanks guys for any help,