Definitive fuel consumption test? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 05-01-11 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: West Sussex
Definitive fuel consumption test?

Over Christmas and new year I did a mini touring holiday finishing up at friends for new year in South West France. The trip down with two people aboard was average payload, coming back though, needles to say the car was heavily loaded up with grape juice (of the fermented variety).

We drove a very good mix of autoroutes (Mways) RN (A roads) and D (B roads). Speed both going down and coming back was also a mix, rarely over 80mph, but some urban roads and fuel demanding hilly bits and some short cold start shopping trips locally.

I reset the trip log and the 'A' computer before we left the UK. We covered a total of 1373 miles. The final 'A' fuel consumption average was 48.2mpg (always over reads), but I have just topped up to do the brim to brim calculations, and that has worked out to a very respectable 42.9mpg.

Branded fuel always used, dosed with Millers.

Sorry if you are all bored with fuel consumption information, though some may find it interesting.

Someone said to me, "so whats so special about an Alfa Romeo then?" I told him, "If you have to ask, you wont understand".

Driving Brera S 2.2, wife drives 939 Spider 2.2 and there is a 1972 Spider 2000 S2 in the garage for fun days.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Lancashire
Good to hear you got good consumption on this kind of trip. We are driving to Austria/France this year so I am glad the fuel will last longer than I expected from our 1.9 jtdm sportwagon. I currently do a mix of short motorway and A road journeys and I am getting 33.9 mpg on the trip computer.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

consumption , definitive , fuel , test