Extra music input required - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 26-12-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Norfolk
Wave Extra music input required

Just looked at the Thread ‘Should I buy this car’. My recently bought late 2006, 159 200hp, has a sat nav and telephone system built in (slot for SIM), multiplayer in the boot, etc, etc.

It was stated in the thread that a USB socket may be fitted in the glove compartment of the 210 hp model. Is this is for a memory stick so mp3 music can be played? If so can it be retro fitted as I have no input for my memory stick music and no input for the speaker output from my I pod.
How can I achieve one or other of these inputs for music please?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Leicestershire
If you're not keen on making any amendments to the car (i.e changing the stereo) I would buy a radio transmitter for the ipod, which simply plugs into the ipod, and sends a radio signal that you can pick up on the stereo radio.
AO Silver Member
County: Herefordshire

Member car:

156 GTA SW

Personally I would fit a Parrot kit. They are really excellent and work alongside the standard head unit, and provides you with blue tooth for your mobile, hands free, and an IPOD and USB and SD card connection in the glove box. All controlled by a nifty little remote control and a 2" colour screen. Can be fitted without any holes being made in about an hour by someone who knows what they are doing. I have a Parrot MK9200 fitted to both of our cars and they are brilliant. It would make the phone kit in your car redundant though (but the Parrot set up is much better I would imagine, as it works off bluetooth and you dont need to swap sim card etc.).

It cost £300 fitted.

Silver 156 GTA SW, Q2, Koni FSD's, Eibach springs and anti-roll bars, CDA induction, re-map, Wizard/Pud exhaust - fantastic!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

extra , input , music , required