Spider LE problems
I got angel tuning out last week to do a re-map to fix the hesitation problem but for the first time ever they were unable to do it (despite it being a standard procedure), they are coming back soon to have another go.
At the moment this is my outstanding fault list.....
1) Hesitation – this problem is getting worse and verges on being dangerous. In addition to the problems trying to set off from a standing start the car now violently jolts when you change gear at about 3000 revs.
2) Suspension – when going over even the slightest of bumps the car feels like it is sliding across the road. I can only liken it to aqua planning. I have no idea what could cause this but you find yourself constantly fighting with the car.
3) Drivers side rattling – this was pointed out last time the car was booked in although for some reason it was described as a ‘whistling’ when it is in fact a knocking. It seems to be coming from the roof pipework but as akin to someone playing the spoons next to your ear for the entire journey. It nearly drove me crazy on way home on Friday!
4) Dashboard creak – for no apparent reason the dashboard makes loud creaking/knocking noises – particularly so in the cold but it’s been known to do it in normal weather conditions
5) Boot not opening – the boot release button on keyfob does not work consistently
6) Heater – I don’t know if this is a ‘feature’ but you start the car and set off, within about 5 minutes the heater control will suddenly put the fan speed onto full blast
7) Seats – the drivers seat is not secure, you can rock in it
If anyone can offer some advice on any of them it would be appreciated...
Last edited by degsy70; 20-12-10 at 12:59.