Added "Alfaism" to my 159. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 15-12-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: West Midlands
Added "Alfaism" to my 159.

The most random of new Alfa traits have appeared in my 159.

Apart from the ECU magically clearing the CEL and Limp Mode all by itself with nothing but a 300 mile journey to aid it, the car is now choosing which music to play!
When I get to work I have to pull into the drive way, then stop the car, open the door and close the gate behind me. At this point the car becomes a bit of a mobile juke box.
If the iPod is plugged into the usb and playing via the Blue and Me, the car then switches to FM as I open the door, then goes back to iPod when I close the door.
If the iPod is plugged in but the radio is on, the iPod plays when the door is opened, and then goes back to the radio when the door closes.......

Its all a bit bizarre, but makes me smile.

Anyone else got a random "Alfaism" on their cars?!

Moved over to the dark side

And loving it
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Northamptonshire

Member car:

Alfa 159 1.9jtdm

my lights seem to have a mind of thier own. for about two weeks the ECU kept telling me one of my side lights had gone and needed replacing and indeed it had stopped working. I kept meaning to get it replaced but then last week it started working again no problems at all but now the ECU tells me to replace the registration plate light. So i got out the car to check this out and indeed it was not working so i tapped it a few times with my finger and hey presto its working again.

The car seems to be winking at me
AO Member
County: Worcestershire
My handbrake warning light and sound would come on randomly for no apparent reason. This seems to have cured itself too.

I know we tend to anthropomorphise our cars, but it often seems the case that when they do get sick with small niggles, they tend to get better again all by themselves, like they've recovered from a cold.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , added , alfaism