Conti Contact sport 3.....amazing in the snow. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 07-12-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Tyne and Wear
Thumbs Up Conti Contact sport 3.....amazing in the snow.

It may have been mentioned in previous posts, but I just had to let you guys know what a difference it made to my 159ti.
I had the jokers at kwikfit (who smashed my locking wheel nut key) swap the contact sports from the rear to the front to replace the pirelli p zero neros. (FGA decided to fit continentals on my car after pierellis were lasting about 12k lol)
The results are absolutely amazing. My car ploughs through the snow now..........just thought I'd share my findings, because last year, with P zero's fitted, my 159 was terrible

Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
County: Oxfordshire
If you think the Conti's are good you should try Accelleras!

After doing some reading around I've pretty much decided that I'm going to get these as my next tyre, so hearing some positive comments about the winter performance is reassuring.
AO Member
County: Derbyshire
[QUOTE=BigGinge;3813063]If you think the Conti's are good you should try Accelleras!

My Continentals are getting to the point that they need replacing, but (touching wood) they have performed suprisingly well during the recent snow.

On a slightly different note, I noticed the other day that the tread wear rate on the Pirelli's is 220 whereas it's 280 on the Continental's, this is probably why so many people have suffered with premature wear using them?
AO Member
County: Hertfordshire
+1 The Conti Contacts I have this year are performing well in the snow whereas the P-zeros last year left me stranded at the bottom of a slight incline (not even a hill).
AO Member
County: Berkshire

Member car:

2.2 Brera S

This might well be my next move. I've never had a problem in the snow with my other cars which had the Conti's on. The Pirelli's just aren't up to this winter driving.

Thanks for the info
AO Silver Member
County: Nottinghamshire

Member car:

Brera S

Of the places I have to drive, it's only our road that's bad, so it accounts for 2 minutes driving.

Which is lucky as my Brera feels very rather slippy with Pzeros on it. Obviously not tried anything else on it to compare, but the wife's Toyota with Bridgestones feels much safer.
AO Silver Member
County: West Sussex
Not as expensive as the Conti's, far better than the P Zeros's, try UniRoyal Rainsport 2, amazing grip on the dry, in the wet, including standing water and in snow and ice, very very impressed.
AO Member
County: Essex
I am having my worn out Pirellis replaced on Saturday for Conti's so look forward to the extra grip, and if you can suffer Kack-Fit they are doing 25% off Contis until the 18th of December. Getting in before the VAT goes up in Jan too....

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

3amazing , contact , conti , snow , sport