Does anyone use a car cover? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 07-12-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: West Midlands

Member car:

159 1.9JTDM

Does anyone use a car cover?

The last few mornings have been hell to scrape the frost off my windscreen.

Looked at a car cover today, in halfords. Just wondering if anyones had experience with one of these, just the throw it over the car type and hook under the bumpers i presume?

Anyone got one?

Can you recommend one that will fit a 159 ?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: South Yorkshirem
I have one & it keeps the car completely clear of frost,got it off ebay 2 weeks ago just in time for the bad weather. Full cover 60ish.Door locks not frozen either.
I use a cover from these people

Cover Your Car - Tailored and Fitted Car Covers Worldwide :: Alfa Romeo Fitted :: Car Covers for Alfa 159

Excellent product - superb service.

Bear in mind that the car should be clean and grit free before you put the cover on or you risk scratching. Also if it is wet and snowy, the cover you take off will be wet and soggy and need drying off or putting back wet - so its not as simple as you think.

BUT................ putting a cover on the car gives you peace of mind from the elements, tree sap, bird droppings and the neighbours cat!

The real answer in your case might be a "car cap" - just covers down to the waistline.

As for fitting a cover - the one I have is tailored and has elasticated ends which stretch over the bumpers and then two quick release straps under the car to stop it blowing away and an optional lockable strap to prevent someone stealing it.

Last edited by ukmike2008; 08-12-10 at 11:34.
AO Member
County: Nottinghamshire
If its just an ice issue then you can get ones from wilkinsons for about 5 or halfords for about 10 that just cover the windscreen and both of the front side windows. Do the job really well, just remove and drive. (Rear window clears in seconds anyway) As has been pointed out its great if its freezing but if its rains etc they get very wet and you have to choose to put in your boot or in the garage and risk them getting gritted up and scratching your paintwork. To be fair these are much smaller than a full cover and its easier to get on and off without touching the paint. Godsend in the recent weather but I only use if i know its going to freeze solid.

56 1.8TS Lusso, 156 2.0JTS Selespeed Veloce, 159 2.2JTS TI, Mito 1.4TB 120Veloce, 159 1750 TBI TI.
AO Silver Member
County: Gloucestershire
Hi Sargent, I got one last year for my Mito and was really pleased it fits over the Spider too, saved me buying a new one, got it from The Ultimate Finish. Its elasticated at the four corners plus has grommets either side with a cord so you can secure it underneath too, which is worth having whichever one you go for.

Maypole Breathable Water Resistant Car Covers | Maypole Car Covers

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

car , cover