Help .. Problems are driving me crazy - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 06-12-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Gauteng

Member car:

Giulietta 1750QV

Help .. Problems are driving me crazy

Hi all,

I am losing patience and don't know what to do anymore . Let's start at the beginning with issues identified and repairs done , mostly by myself.

159 2.4 JTDM bought two months ago and been back at dealer 5 times since with not all issues fixed yet. Car was bought new and now only has 3000 km on odo.

1. Windscreen squeak . I done fix as per forum post ( silicon ) and dealer permanently
repaired by resetting windscreen.
2. Squeak in boot , traced to loose boot trim.
3. Squeak from engine bay area , been to dealer twice and they have been unable to trace
, traced it myself in the bonnet stoppers that were not aligned (one was higher than
other resulting in bonnet flexing over non smooth surfaces ( took 30 sec to fix). Was at
dealer for 2 days to "find this".
4. During past two weeks brake pedal has hesitation in releasing after foot is off it . i.e
when pressure to brake pedal is applied and released , car continues braking and
pedal takes a few seconds to normalize , I am currently using my left foot to lift
pedal whilst driving. Car spent a week at dealer and they replaced the brake master
cylinder . Car was fine for one day after and now problem is back . Going back to dealer
this week.
5. Squeak from front left , sounds like from behind cubby or left air vent area.

Has anyone experienced similar problems with advice will be appreciated.

Last edited by carljohn; 06-12-10 at 18:30.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: East Sussex

Member car:

Brera JTDm 210

I see two options:

1. find another dealer.
- or -
2. reject the car and ask for your money back on the basis of the braking problem. You won't get anywhere complaining about squeaks and rattles because they're largely a subjective thing that doesn't render the car unfit for purpose, so don't go there.

The above would be my advice in the UK, but the rules may differ where you are ...
AO Member
County: Gwynedd

Member car:

159 2.4 sw

Best served with a gin and tonic. But seriously, when they run like they're supposed to, they're the best. Stick with it. All the best.
Club Member
Membro Medio
Club Member Number: 1405
County: West Yorkshire
Hi carljohn,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I haven't got any squeak troubles on my car but I did exactly the same problem that you described under issue 4. I too ended up lifting the brake pedal up with my foot. It took the dealership no time to diagnose&fix the problem. The problem wasn't hydraulic - it was mechanical. For my car they simply removed the entire brake lever from the assembly in the footwell and regreased it properly. Never been a problem since! Get your dealer to do the same and hopefully it'll be sorted for you.

Good luck!

...Skunking for more boost...because it's just better... 319bhp/523lbft.

Clogz' Skunk Works thread:
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 09-12-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Gauteng

Member car:

Giulietta 1750QV

Glad to say , car went back to dealer yesterday , they removed brake assesmbly in footwell , lubricated and reassembled and braking problem is resolved. Managed to sort squeak out as well coming from dash .

So at last all seems good , and I am again enjoying the car.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

crazy , driving , problems