iced up again - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
iced up again

i know its been mentioned before but does anyone know if its safe to spray de-icer around the window frame on a brera, it will go on paintwork and rubber, tried everything last year to stop the drivers window from freezing in the up position and as you know you then cant get in and the window motor groans due to ice not letting it drop the usual fraction, recent tries include,, veseline,silicon spray.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Gloucestershire

Member car:

GTV V6 & C220CDI

Silicone spray on a rag and wipe it round the door seals.
AO Member
County: Edinburgh
De-icer won't work overnight as the active ingredient will vaporise off long before you re-open the car.

I do try and avoid using de-icer as it is not great for the paint work. A neighbour drives a Porsche Boxter and I have seen him put a thin rag or old bed sheet on the window before closing the door. The sheet is held between the rubber and the window and it seems to work for him.
tried your suggestion before, did'nt work, ive polished the glass before applying anything as well.
AO Member
County: Derbyshire
I get this with both the Brera and the Spider, but I find that it is not the window glass sticking to the door seals but the failure of the window to drop the centimetre required to facilitate easy opening as it normally does.

I find that squirting TEPID water from a bike water bottle or similar along the bottom of the window allows it to drop, albeit with a bit of manual assistance.

A complete pain but hey! those frameless windows look good in summer.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider