My Brera is going up for sale... what to ask? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: Greater London
I got 15k from a private buyer 6 months ago for my 56 reg 07 3.2 Q4 SV in Diamonte grey with 24k miles. Worth holding out for the buyer with the right price if you are not in a hurry.
Sponsored Links
Some pictures...

Well, it's definitely going up for sale.

It has a year's road tax and fresh MoT with no advisories. 43,300 miles, full service history, Bose, 19" Brera S alloys, genuine Alfa mud flaps on the front.

Loads of photos available; I'll put a proper advert up shortly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brera_FrontThreeQuarter.jpg (152.1 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg Brera_InteriorFront.jpg (93.4 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Brera_RearThreeQuarter.jpg (139.8 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Brera_SideOn.jpg (157.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Brera_Bose.jpg (40.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Brera_InteriorDriver.jpg (110.7 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by BeggarsBanquet; 02-12-10 at 15:57.
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 17
County: West Yorkshire
Nice car, fancy swapping for a modified GTA and maybe some cash your way?

Originally Posted by GhostyDog View Post
Nice car, fancy swapping for a modified GTA and maybe some cash your way?

Thanks Before I got my new job, and learned there was a small BB on the way, I would have been seriously tempted! I now have to think frugal, safe and (relatively) roomy... on the hunt for a 159 Ti.
Well, this morning I exchanged my much-loved Brera for a 159 Ti. In the end, I achieved a good trade-in and I couldn't be bothered with a private sale.

Same metallic silver (I haven't seen many Ti's in this colour, and think it is superb), but with the 210 JTDM engine.

What a car. I really am blown away by the 159 and any fears I had that it would feel less special have evaporated. Okay, there is the fact that it's a new car to me, but it is such a fantastic design and the Ti touches make it a very, very special place to be.

The Brera was a real passion of mine. I bought it nearly-new, and have endured the usual fools and comics over the last three years but the car was superb throughout. Quick, utterly beautiful and my particular car gave me pretty much faultless service. A minor leak from the water rail, fixed under warranty, and that's it. Tyre wear was absolutely fine (all caster, camber and toe-in adjusted as per Alfa recommendations) and fuel economy never worried me personally. I knew I was going to miss it.

So how would the Ti stack up? Visually, it's a peach. The 19" wheels fill the arches wonderfully, and the stance is extremely purposeful. The saloon body is very well proportioned to my eye, and the silver paint makes it look very fresh. Inside, I immediately appreciated the seats; great looking, supportive and very comfortable. I love the darker interior, and the dark alu finish to the dash, although I think the dials in the Brera probably have the edge in terms of "class". Out on the road, the lowered suspension is very taut and surprisingly supple. I knew it would feel different to the Brera, but the body-control and cornering is far better than I was expecting from a saloon, and the 210 engine is incredibly smooth and tractable, with a great burble once you open it up. Just like the Brera, the engine revs very freely and in an almost petrol-like manner.

I'll post up some pictures soon, but for now I am going to sit here and stare at it!

Last edited by BeggarsBanquet; 12-12-10 at 17:04.
AO Platinum Member
County: Languedoc Roussillon
You sound a very happy chappy........looking forward to the photos.........
AO Silver Member
County: South Yorkshire

Member car:

congratulations on your new car. enjoy.
AO Member
County: Derbyshire
Can I ask what trade in you got mate in the end as I am in a similar position, have my beloved Brera in the classifieds as need slightly more space and would consider a 159Ti also.
AO Member
County: Bedfordshire
Originally Posted by BeggarsBanquet View Post
Well, this morning I exchanged my much-loved Brera for a 159 Ti. In the end, I achieved a good trade-in and I couldn't be bothered with a private sale.

I hate to say it, but is this the same car with a not-inconsiderable profit slapped on it by the stealer ... ?!

HWM Alfa Romeo : Alfa Romeo Brera 2.4jtdm SV 200bhp

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

brera , sale