Remaping of 159 1.9 JTDm 16v - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 21-10-10 Thread Starter
County: -
Remaping of 159 1.9 JTDm 16v

Hi everybody !

My name is Bosko and I'm from Serbia. I am a proud owner of an Alfa Romeo 159 1.9 JTDm 16v beauty. I bought it second hand in Germany one year ago. Produced in 2007 and it had 33600km on clock when I bought it, now it has around 46000km.

This is my first Alfa and I'm very pleased with the car in every way, looks great, steering and cornering are superb, very direct, no wobeling... It's a special occasion for me just sitting in this car, and driving it is a pleasure of it's own.

The only drawback, as you could imagine, is the engine. It is not slow, but you can sense that it could be quicker. The engine was a compromise solution for me, because of the stupid insurance in my contry, everything over 2000ccm is more than a double for costs of registering and insuring, and I couldn't wait for three years more to by a 1750tbi since I adore this car since it came out.

Now I am planning to remap it and I will be very pleased if you could answer to some of my questions:

1. I searched the forum and I found that some guys have already done it and that they are very satisfied. My biggest concern is the clutch, and I couldn't find any certain answer for that matter. I know one guy in Serbia who had done the remap on this engine (185bhp, 382Nm), it had around 100kkm on clock when he has done it. He passed 40kkm in one year with the car and his whole clutch broken down. His driving style is very very agressive.

So my question is what are your experiences on this matter?

Should I be affraid of remaping, could this happen to me also (my driving is very casual, sometimes I like to push it on the open roads for overtaking and I don't like city racing)?

2. Do I really have to remove the DPF filter? What are rhe gains and drawbacks of doing this?

3. What should I check for before installing a remap?

4. Only company in my country that has a pedigree in this type of a job is Programmazione centraline auto - Elaborazione centraline auto - Mappatura centralina auto - Modifiche centralina auto - DigitalTuning s.r.l. with representatives in Serbia. They include a 5 year warranty for the job and the cost is 500 euros. Do you have any information on their work?

I am not planning to resell my car in any time in the future because it is my firs car and I'm loving it, so it is very important for me to do this properly.

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Serbia

Member car:

Hello Bosko,
Quicker response regards to your tuning intention you will have in "Tuning & Upgrades" section...
Best regards from Dusan
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 23-10-10 Thread Starter
County: -

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , 16v , jtdm , remaping