New 159 SW owner - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 03-10-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
New 159 SW owner

Well having enjoyed various V6 Alfas for the last 10 years or so, with a heavy heart I thought it was about time I joined the diesel revolution and buy a car that will do more than 300miles to a tank!

So I've bought a 159 SW 1.9JTDm Auto in Oltremare Blue with Natural Leather with factory Sat Nav and Bose. Really enjoying it so far especially since the fuel gauge has hardly moved.

The only downside was I had a genuine alfa ipod connector installed and basically its s**t and is coming out again. It will only work if the cd multichanger is disconnected and wont support post 2008 ipod products like my iphone. There are as I've since found out better options available after market to enable the ipod/iphone to be connected and still keep the cd changer.

Now, 1st thing on the shopping list is a re-map I think. Not sure which though, Angel tune or Mangoletsi? Any one got opinions which is best. I dont want to spoil the fuel economy by doing this though as thats the whole reason for buying a 'heavy oil burner' as it says on the V5.

My Alfas: Alfa 156 2.5 SP2, Alfa 166 3.0 Super, Alfa 166 3.0 Sportronic Lusso, Alfa 166 3.0 Sportronic Ti, Alfa 159 1.9 JTDm SW, Mercedes E320cdi Sport
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Somerset

Member car:

147 1.6 Lusso

Visit the Tuning Lounge......I have (ahem) a friend who had an Alfatune(JJB) remap and he tells me he's very pleased with it, 195 BHP and better MPG too. I think AHM use similar maps for those of you further south.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , owner