Big Up! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 01-10-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Worcestershire
Big Up!

There are a lot of people who read this forum before buying an Alfa and Iím sure a high percentage of those are put off doing so buy all the posts about recurring problems, bits falling off and various fluids exiting (or entering) the vehicle by unexpected means (I know that is the nature of fora, but all the same). So, I would like to start a thread with posts about how good Alfas can be, how reliable they can be and what a joy they are to own! Iíll startÖ

I have had two Alfas, a 156 2.4 V6 and currently own a Brera 2.4. I have had no problems with either, just small trim issues with the 156. I have found both to be reliable, well appointed and great fun! If anyone reading this forum is thinking of buying one, then I would thoroughly recommend it.
Sponsored Links
My 159 hasn't been back to the dealer since delivery last December.
Graham P
11 Alfas in and the only serious issues have been the b*****ds who sold me a cat d GT and an aux belt snapping on my old GTV the day someone bought it off me. Little issues to note are a clip breaking on my clutch which the RAC fixed in 2 minutes and no oil in a car after it has been serviced due to a crack in a sump washer
AO Member
County: Greater Manchester
I can vouch for the reliability and sheer joy of ownership. They are beautifully designed and built.

No problems (so far) since June and I've fairly ragged the car around. The power and handling are just a joy to experience and they look astonishing.

I can recommend anyone thinking of buying to just go ahead with confidence.
AO Silver Member
County: New South Wales
Great idea for a thread. I love them so much I have two! Both are totally reliable and an absolute pleasure to drive.
AO Member
County: Derbyshire

Member car:

Had a 156 2.0 tspark for 5 years, only problem was when I went on holiday for 2 weeks the battery drained. So far with my Spider that I have had for 2 1/2 years the only problems have been with the prat driving it me. Also my wife had a fantastic 147ti that never missed a beat and currently she has a GT Cloverleaf that has been superb for nearly 2 years.
As to how good they all are, got back from the Isle of Man on Monday after spending a long weekend there and still cannot get rid of the smile on my face despite having a cr@ppy week at work and no beer in the fridge.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider