EGR and DPF link... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 24-09-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Hampshire
Hmmm EGR and DPF link...

Hi all,
recently found out that my erratic manifold pressure is down to the car going through a DPF regen.
If I disconnect of EGR valve and live with the engine management light on, will this have any effects on the frequency of the DPF regens? Is it possible to find out how many regens have taken place??? I think mine is doing regens on a regular basis and would like to find out why?

Is there any issues with driving with the EGR valve unplugged??? I have digimoto and a lead which can reset the light if I need to?

Dave C
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: North Yorkshire
My 159 has stopped DPF'ing while the change engine oil warning light was on. Only drove about another 300miles before getting the oil changed but didn't DPF once in that period. For my driving it normally annoys me every 50-200miles.

Be great if it by some miracle is less frequent with new oil
AO Member
County: Cambridgeshire
Its a royal pain in the rs. My oil warning light is on - have the oil but cannot get the sump plug off.... Its still doing regens though although it fails every 1 in 3. Getting the DPF and EGR removed at the end of October - bliss.
AO Member
County: Derbyshire
I'm starting to worry, I've had my car for over a month and I've never noticed a regen yet, can it do them without me realising?
AO Silver Member
County: West Midlands
I have only ever noticed a regen twice in 15 months of ownership. This was on the motorway in the first week of driving the car, the mpg fell like a stone. The second time was at slow speed, causing the car to splutter and stall.
Other than that I'm not sure when the car does go through the process. MPG remains consistent, power delivery the same.
AO Member
County: Renfrewshire
How can you tell when the regen process of the DPF is taking place, I had the engine management light on and running in safe mode, AA plugged in and fault code P2002 came up DPF required regen.

I then ran the car for 30 minutes down motorway in 4th gear approx 60 / 70 mph, all seems ok now.
AO Member
County: Renfrewshire
EGR Valve taken apart and cleaned, another run down the motorway all seems well. Knowing my luck when iam in Nairn next week she will phone and tell me the car is running in safe mode again with engine management light beaming out.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

dpf , egr , link