Known "free-fixes" under warranty? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 14-09-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Gloucestershire
Known "free-fixes" under warranty?

On 159/Brera/Spider are there any known fixes that if you report problem XYZ to the dealer are replaced under warranty - but only if you mention it? As an example I know of an instance with a.n.other manufacturer that a piece of worn trim would be replaced under warranty, but only if the fault is specifically mentioned...

Is it worth starting a list?
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Shropshire

Member car:

GT 3.2V6

Ive had quite a bit under warranty with mine but no free -fixes really, its been medium-big problem in the first place with quite a lot of inconvenience....

The nearest ive seen to a free fix recently has been my wifes Vauxhall Insignia, saw on internet they would replace rear discs and pads if they were scoring but only if cutomer mentioned it (not safety issue), checked the car and rang Vauxhall, they picked it up from my work changed discs and pads and returned it all without question!

Have to say its been back to vauxhall 5 or 6 times now, they always collect and return and work has always been done without having to fight for it! Makes a nice change from dealing with Alfa.... you also get the feeling they do trust what you are telling them and genuinly look into it where with the Alfa dealers I have used you get the feeling you no more than they do and they are looking for a way not to do anything!

Past 1999 - Grigio Chiaro, 156 2.0 T-Spark SP1 - 2007 - Strombolli 159 1.9JTDM LUSSO SW + Alfatune DPF Removal/Map --- Present 2005 - Strombolli GT 3.2 V6
AO Member
County: Berkshire

Member car:

VW Touareg

BMW were big culprits for this - happy to tell you that your 19" rims were cracked and would be around 500 each. It was a big thing on Watchdog (not my fave programme but does some good sometimes) which a colleague had seen and as soon as I rang the stealer back their attitude was very different and said they'd never told me I'd have to pay - not in as many words anyway.

Have to say that aside from that issue (it obviously cost BMW a few quid) the dealer in question was very good at sorting warranty issues and was often nearly the cheapest for things such as tyre replacement - also nice touches like they'd replace and fit blown bulbs for free - not holding out too much hope for Alfa after all I've read on here!
Scored passenger window. (Obviously from the mechanism)
Wobbly Driver's seat.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

freefixes , warranty