what would you have done...? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 04-09-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Shropshire

Member car:

ex 159 2.4jtd SW

what would you have done...?

My 159 came back from a main dealer the other week with 2 scratches on the aluminum (ridge type) fascia panel (they had been taking the radio out for a job).

One is about 1cm long, the other a bit smaller but deep enough to look like a 'puncture wound' that might even have gone through the aluminium surface.

The service manager, who is very good, apologised and will sort it when it next goes in, but unless they know some magic we don't it will need a new fascia panel.

It didn't cross my mind at the time not to complain, it's just carelessness (I bet I could take the radio out with causing any damage). I take great pains to arrange keys etc to avoid any scratches and so far have kept it almost entirely scratch free (in fact the only very, very,slight scratches that were on there occurred during the 105 miles that the car did before I took possession!)

Even my wife agreed and she treats her A3 like a car (rather than a pet!)

Would you have complained or just chalked it down to one of life's minor annoyances?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1358a.jpg (60.9 KB, 6 views)
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: West Midlands

Member car:

147 Ducati Corse

Me? Complained
I've never damaged anything removing or inserting a stereo, and they hay the appropriate tools. I don't!
AO Member
County: Devon
I would certainly have brought it to the attention of the service manager as you did. Since the chap accepted what had happened and has agreed to fix it, I'm not sure whether it counts as complaining!
AO Member
County: Nottinghamshire

Member car:

159 TBi Ti

Good on you; the vehicle was not returned in the condition it was left.
AO Member
County: Hertfordshire
You were correct in doing what you did. It's so annoying when things like this happen but why not just own up?! I've just wrapped a spider facia in carbon because of something very similar to this, problem being with the keys you don't always realise it's going to happen until it's too late
AO Member
County: Berkshire

Member car:

VW Touareg

ALWAYS complain - it helps you and everyone else in the long run if companies know they aren't going to get away with things, plus if you don't make a complaint you're then not going to spend ages wondering what would have happened if you had complained - as well as not annoying your other half by moaning about things.

I have complained a lot in my time (actively at the time rather than just grumbling about it afterwards) and it has had results - poor service in restaurants has led to free or discounted meals, disappointing products have been replaced by manufacturers or vouchers sent etc and when initial complaints haven't worked I've used moneyclaimonline (easy access to small claims track of county court) a couple of times when I've had more serious disputes - works a treat and it's cheap for the consumer.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider