Help with Auto Transmission - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #26 of 29 Old 09-09-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Attica
Originally Posted by JesperH View Post
Did the fluid change solve the issue with the transmission?
I am not sure......
I e-mailed selenia and asked them if GI/E was the rigth fluid.They told me that it it was not and the right one is GI/VI.
As you can understand I had a huge fight with the garage and demand them to change it with GI/VI.
The problem now is that they have never imported GI/VI and it will take a couple of days.
So I haven't really tested the car.......
I will update you.......
Sponsored Links
Thats really great that you could stand up to the w$ankers (sorry, but they are obviously idiots and deserve a good verbal thrashing) and tell them what they should already know. Kudos to you!!!!

Keep us updated with how your situation progresses. And get some kind of written warranty on their work because if anything happens to your Q-tronic Automatic gearbox, they should be responsible for their extremely poor and quite pathetic professional knowledge.

Last edited by Astro; 10-09-10 at 08:18.
AO Gold Member
The transmission is an Aisin (Toyota) unit, and is such the official approved ATF is Aisin AFW, which unfortunately I cant find a data sheet for!

I would assume that Tutela G1 V1 is a tested equivelant, but as this is a fairly common transmission, there are a wide range of high spec ATF's suitable.
(Post Link) post #29 of 29 Old 10-09-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Attica
This is what Selenia answered me......

Dear Mel

We confirm that the right product to be used in the transmission of your car is the TUTELA GI/VI, born exclusively for the Aisin 6-speed gearbox. This oil is very different from the TUTELA GI/E and it has different specs too: we suggest you to change the oil again using the right lubricant.

Kind regards

Stefano Valenza

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

auto , transmission