Which budget tyres to sell with Brera? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 27-07-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: North Yorkshire
Which budget tyres to sell with Brera?

I am having to give up my beloved brera and after it went into the garage it seems my tyres are practically illegal, so I need some new rubbers all the way round but as Im saying good bye I dont want to spend more than I have to. I have the 7 hole horseshoe wheels.

I dont really understand the difference between the sizes and the other threads suggest 225/45 or perhaps 240/40 rather than the recommended 235/45. How much difference does it really make?

My local garage (I trust) can get my "economy" 225/45 for 83 each

But Black Circles are quoting as little as 64 each for "budget".

Which size would be the best to get and what options are possible other than what I have mentioned.

Thanks guys, this'll be one of my last posts until business picks up and I can replace my fair Rosaline

Last edited by tigermain; 27-07-10 at 15:25.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Buckinghamshire
u want to use the recommended size for yr alloys of course, I have 18" 7 holes alloys and I recently got a set of Kuhmo from Black Circles: I don't know if other people here use them, but they seem damn fine to me!

AO Silver Member
County: West Sussex

Member car:

E82 125i

If I looked at the car as a potential buyer and saw cheapo budget tyres on there it would put me off as would imply the owner didn't care about the car..

both of these are decent though:

mytyres.co.uk - Details: Toyo PROXES T1-R 225/45 ZR18 95Y RF with rim protection ridge BSW

mytyres.co.uk - Details: Falken FK-452 225/45 ZR18 95Y XL Rim flange protection BSW
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Audi S6 5.2 V10

Personally i would be honest in the for sale ad and knock a few quid off accordingly for the new tyres; as said budgets might put a buyer off.

If you need them to carry on driving yourself whilst the car is for sale i would prob go for the Federal SS-595 listed on BlackCircles for 69.76 each fitted.
AO Member
County: Buckinghamshire
I'd agree with BarryRS, state in your ad that the tyres are knackered and that the price reflects this, that way it's off the table for discussion and it becomes your bargaining chip rather than the buyers i.e. you've discounted the price for tyres.

The buyer can decide what rubber they want rather than take what you've decided on.

Good luck.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

brera , budget , sell , tyres