From GT to 159 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 08-07-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Cambridgeshire

Member car:

159 1.9 Lusso

From GT to 159

After 7 months of very enjoyable GT 1.9JTD ownership I put a deposit down on a 2007/07 159 1.9JTDm Lusso saloon yesterday.

As a young family we needed something a bit more practical than the GT, being able to occasionally fit roof bars is a real bonus, something you can't do with a GT.

I like the 1.9 16v engine as it pulls well enough and returns good mpg, I was quite surprised how different it feels in the 159; much quieter, smoother and in the case of my two cars, it seemed a bit more willing.

The more modern platform and build quality was immediately obvious, the 159 considerably more refined than the GT giving a far more relaxed feel on the move.

Hopefully I'll be collecting it tomorrow, she's got a few business miles under her belt (65k) not that it's obvious as other than a faded grille badge she looks and drives perfectly! The GT has been faultless, lets hope this one is the same!!

Really looking forward to picking her up and getting rid of that 'dealer shine' (what do they use to prep cars?)

159 1.9 Lusso
1.9 GT . Koni FSD . Eibach Pro . Sold .
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Cheshire
Hello mike, not driven the GT myself but those I know who have all stated the GT as being quicker due to lighter weight of the car over the 159.

How young are the family? I have two boys 7 and 2 and I wish I had a little more rear leg room for them, this is the only thing I would look for real improvement in when the Guilia is launched. Other than that the car is great.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider