where to go from a Brera s - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: Durham
Originally Posted by badgers_nadgers View Post
That's what I'd do. Got to be cheaper than replacing.
What price are we looking at?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Devon
I tend to avoid spending too much on modifying road cars as you never see any return. The Golf R is a bit disappointing - too much weight again. As a new car the Megane 250 Cup performs very well, but is a bit cheap and cheerful. Used buys - Cayman S without doubt, or if you need something more practical, various friends have bought RS4's (the V8 version) which is truly one of the great cars. The big question about the Imprezza or Evo is whether you could live with them on a long journey (thirsty and un-civilised) - I once bought a new Evo 5 as my fun car, and ended up selling it after 2,500 miles because it was just not comfortable enough to use as a weekend away car. I am currently tempted by a Scirroco R mainly because of the DSG gearbox, but admit that the Megane would be quicker on track.
AO Member
County: Herefordshire
Why not try a 3.2 Brera S?
(Post Link) post #29 of 31 Old 04-07-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Norfolk

Member car:

Brera S No. 89

Just back from goodwood and now in the process of convincing the wife that we NEEEEEED a cayman

Wish me luck
AO Member
County: Greater London
If the Cayman is not practical enough, I suggest a BMW E92 335i M sport Coupe. I have the estate version and my last car was a Brera 3.2 Mod 4. There is no comparison in terms of the performance and the twin turbo straight 6 is a gem - powerful and smooth. Of course looks and exclusivity wise the Brera wins hands down but the beemer is a reasonable compromise I think. Of course there is the M3 with the V8 engine! However, if you're in the market for another coupe I would also consider the Lotus Europa and Maserati Gransport.

Ex Spider 2.0 S4 (x2), 156 Selespeed 2.0 TS SW Veloce Selespeed, Brera 3.2 Q4 SV M
County: Lincolnshire
Well Happy

Just bought 3.2 Brera it is a beautiful car with adequate performance. I understand where you are coming from with your duke, power out of corners, top speed not being as relevant.
I also own, for the past fifteen years, a 420 hp cobra replica which tips the scales at just under a ton, believe me if you build yourself something similar you will probably never miss the grunt of your two wheeler, and you could hang on to your Brera, just bin the bike.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider